Honda Passport Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking good! I was thinking about purchasing these myself. Overall how would you grade them and how is the wind noise? Any humming or whistling noises?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Sport
42 Posts
Looking good! I was thinking about purchasing these myself. Overall how would you grade them and how is the wind noise? Any humming or whistling noises?
The crossbars and mounting hardware are great. The internals of the mounting hardware have started to rust bring steel unlike the aluminum cross bars. Yes they whistle depending on speed and direction of wind if any. When I tilt my sunroff it makes for the whistling to be much louder. It could be due to my mounting location.

The ends for the cross bars are not exactly aligned so a little bit of silver aluminum shows on each end. Overall I'm happy with what I paid and quality. I do however wish the bars were longer so I could have more mounting options.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
The crossbars and mounting hardware are great. The internals of the mounting hardware have started to rust bring steel unlike the aluminum cross bars. Yes they whistle depending on speed and direction of wind if any. When I tilt my sunroff it makes for the whistling to be much louder. It could be due to my mounting location.

The ends for the cross bars are not exactly aligned so a little bit of silver aluminum shows on each end. Overall I'm happy with what I paid and quality. I do however wish the bars were longer so I could have more mounting options.

Cheers
Mine finally arrived after being delayed due to that wintery mess in Texas. But thats definitely good to know thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mounted or installed?🤷‍♂️ $88 crossbars for me roof rack ☘ View attachment 9634 View attachment 9635 View attachment 9636 View attachment 9637
I put mine on in Dec last year and just this week had to re tighten them.. I wish I had rustproofed the mounting hardware,but nothing some sandpaper and rustoleum can't fix.

What will you mounting on them?I'm picking up a used but new cargo basket this weekend. I'll update with pics later.

They look awsome and I always get people asking me about them and they can't believe what I paid for them.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put mine on in Dec last year and just this week had to re tighten them.. I wish I had rustproofed the mounting hardware,but nothing some sandpaper and rustoleum can't fix.

What will you mounting on them?I'm picking up a used but new cargo basket this weekend. I'll update with pics later.

They look awsome and I always get people asking me about them and they can't believe what I paid for them.

Enjoy!
Yeah you definitely can't beat that price.

I have a couple of kayak attachments that'll go on there when the season nears.

About the rust issue, I ordered some stainless steel M6-1.0 100 mm bolts to replace the original hardware. But for the time being I coated it with some white lithium grease.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Swapped my plastic Sport wheel for a EX-L leather steering wheel
Nice! Love the work bench. If there is a Misses
2021HPS, She is Awesome!

One winter, I did a total Honda XR250 motorcycle rebuild in the kitchen.
Supportive Wives/Partners Rock!

Reactions: Gray_Beard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Removed the lower front valance from the front bumper. 4x10mm bolts and 6 pop rivets. Had to use some muscle to remove it. After the fasteners are off you will have to pull it of a section at a time as it is still attached with plastic tabs. Took about 20 minutes. Re-installed all fasteners except for the 2 front middle rivets.

Now I have some more front ground clearance for all the trails I will be on to get to the mall this spring/summer... ;) o_O .

Installed my master lock with metal braided cable onto my cargo basket. Secured it to the locking cross bars. Extra security is always nice but I know everything can be stolen with the right time and tools.:cautious:

1041 - 1060 of 1065 Posts