Honda Passport Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
Not your typical 'StormTrooper'
310 Posts
There was a time in our lives where cruise control just set the speed of the car and that was it.
And there was even a time when I didn’t have cruise control in my CRX...
Though not "What did you do to your Honda Passport today?" back in the day I remember driving my car with:
  • manual 3-speed transmission
  • no power steering
  • no power brakes
  • manual window cranks
  • no right side outside mirror
  • chrome bumpers
  • no windshield washer
  • no AM or FM or cassette or 8-track (perhaps no radio at all)
And you wanted the ultimate l-u-x-u-r-y of cruise control, you would buy and install this:

And of course we also remember that every day we all walked barefoot 5 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the snow, carrying my fat little brother on my back . . . . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
PANDA - I can remember some of those...not saying I would want to go back....especially a car that did not have windshield washer...I do miss having the bright lights button on the floor....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I remember helping my buddy install this on his Mustang back in the high school days. Something about magnets on the driveshaft come to mind. It worked though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Share what you did today with the Honda Passport community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my brand new Honda Passport!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.

Anything goes!
Removed the factory floor mats and replaced them with weather tech matts. Waiting for a little warmer temp to install the side window deflectors.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Though not "What did you do to your Honda Passport today?" back in the day I remember driving my car with:
  • manual 3-speed transmission
  • no power steering
  • no power brakes
  • manual window cranks
  • no right side outside mirror
  • chrome bumpers
  • no windshield washer
  • no AM or FM or cassette or 8-track (perhaps no radio at all)
And you wanted the ultimate l-u-x-u-r-y of cruise control, you would buy and install this:
View attachment 9368

View attachment 9369

And of course we also remember that every day we all walked barefoot 5 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the snow, carrying my fat little brother on my back . . . . . .
I installed that exact cruise control setup in my "72 Chevy van. Worked great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Drove to Irvine and back to get a bookshelf.

But...did you all know you can turn the ACC off? I found this out on another forum.
- You set the ACC, then hold the button with the lines for spacing between cars for 3 seconds and it switches to the old school cruise control that doesn’t slam your breaks on for a shadow on the highway!
I tried this process this morning and it did not work. I had the cruise set, then held the button forever and it never switched. Does it make a different if I have the lane keeper off or does it have to be active to go back to old school cruise control? I was so looking forward to old school cruise control...
:(

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,000 Posts
I tried this process this morning and it did not work. I had the cruise set, then held the button forever and it never switched. Does it make a different if I have the lane keeper off or does it have to be active to go back to old school cruise control? I was so looking forward to old school cruise control...
It took me two attempts to get it to work.
After shutting the engine off parking, (to get my bookshelf in the vehicle 😉). Then driving off again. The only thing I tried different was I was at a stop light when it went old school cruise control on my return trip. The first time, I tried getting it to switch (several times) while on the freeway and it wouldn’t work. Not sure if that had anything to do with it and I haven’t driven since...I can’t say for sure about the LKAS, but mine was on for both attempts?

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the touring and that tricked worked. The screen in the middle with change to reading "cruise control on" if you turn acc off or "acc on" if you turn it on .have you hold the right side where it shows acc on the steering wheel for like 3 seconds. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
I have the touring and that tricked worked. The screen in the middle with change to reading "cruise control on" if you turn acc off or "acc on" if you turn it on .have you hold the right side where it shows acc on the steering wheel for like 3 seconds. Hope this helps.
Did you get it to set while driving?
Or was mine just random and wouldn‘t set while driving but did at the stop light?

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
Mow that may be due to mine being a 2021 and yours a 19.
Yes, I heard the beep and switched to that ‘cruise mode’ the second time.
Next time I drive somewhere or get on the freeway I’ll check it out again.

Are you still happy with your decision? You bought it just a couple weeks ago, right?

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts
Same thing from the manual

Attachments

Reactions: 14v6

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I heard the beep and switched to that ‘cruise mode’ the second time.
Next time I drive somewhere or get on the freeway I’ll check it out again.

Are you still happy with your decision? You bought it just a couple weeks ago, right?
Yup! Came from a totalled 17 civic hatchback. Loving this car.i was torn between a crv, pp, and pilot. Didnt need the room of a pilot..yet. Didnt want to get last year model pilot either.

Wife and I loved the pp. Couldn't justify 3-4k more for ventilated seats so I added heated steering and wireless charger

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
Yup! Came from a totalled 17 civic hatchback. Loving this car.i was torn between a crv, pp, and pilot. Didnt need the room of a pilot..yet. Didnt want to get last year model pilot either.

Wife and I loved the pp. Couldn't justify 3-4k more for ventilated seats so I added heated steering and wireless charger
Nice! The new pilot and CRV look like a smooshed minivan.

The vented seats are junk and so loud. And I plug in so the wireless charging pad isn’t used either.
I was looking for about 4 months for a MSM Touring in 3 different states, but never found it.
The elite became available about 340 miles from where I was working but 2 miles from where I lived. So I left at 4am on Saturday, arrived at the dealer by Noon. Made sure it fit in my garage, bought it, went home to repack some warmer weather clothes, while I got the windows tinted then drove back 340 miles on Sunday to work on Monday. That was a long weekend...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice! The new pilot and CRV look like a smooshed minivan.

The vented seats are junk and so loud. And I plug in so the wireless charging pad isn’t used either.
I was looking for about 4 months for a MSM Touring in 3 different states, but never found it.
The elite became available about 340 miles from where I was working but 2 miles from where I lived. So I left at 4am on Saturday, arrived at the dealer by Noon. Made sure it fit in my garage, bought it, went home to repack some warmer weather clothes, while I got the windows tinted then drove back 340 miles on Sunday to work on Monday. That was a long weekend...
Well the New crv has its issues but compared to my ex-l hatchback, which isnt now anymore, its an upgrade. I like the room of it and was fine overall. I was used to that car tranny. But thr pp? Wowed me. I'm still babying it. 600 miles and not revving it.yet.

Debating on extended warranty now. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
Well the New crv has its issues but compared to my ex-l hatchback, which isnt now anymore, its an upgrade. I like the room of it and was fine overall. I was used to that car tranny. But thr pp? Wowed me. I'm still babying it. 600 miles and not revving it.yet.

Debating on extended warranty now. Lol.
Yeah, good job on babying it.

I made the mistake of making a 340 mile trip back with less than 20 miles. I was told to break in the engine with different mph, for 15 minute increments but not more than 55. So, I’d go 40-50-45-40-50-55...it took forever to get back to where I was working.

As for the warranty, I bought it, but probably wouldn’t if I knew then what I know now. It was a new release, so many electrical components that my 2006 CRV didn’t have...turns out, everything is going to be fine on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, good job on babying it.

I made the mistake of making a 340 mile trip back with less than 20 miles. I was told to break in the engine with different mph, for 15 minute increments but not more than 55. So, I’d go 40-50-45-40-50-55...it took forever to get back to where I was working.

As for the warranty, I bought it, but probably wouldn’t if I knew then what I know now. It was a new release, so many electrical components that my 2006 CRV didn’t have...turns out, everything is going to be fine on it.
As for warranty you wont know until year 8. My civic has the common beep screen issue and electrical issues. Like no power anything. Iromy is: that issue showed up in MD in an area I dont know which caused my crash. I wish I could ask honda to pay ME since the screen went from android app to home screen beeping and I hit the airbag deployer death

I got my touring awd for 35k before ttl and accessories. 39.8k otd.

I husseled that for less than 9 hours emails ajd calls.

Based in VA (nova)

1021 - 1040 of 1065 Posts