Honda Passport Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,999 Posts
Yes, that's correct. You'll also see 26.2 for those who run a full marathon.
I just learned about that!
Congratulations on your successful marathon!
You are 13.1 miles ahead of me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hahaha, Come on ProdGirl , gets those darn river rocks situated, lace up them running shoes and hit the bricks Girl !!
If Caitlyn Jenner can do it, you sure as h3ll can.

(I'll even toss you bottles of cold water when you blaze on by!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Went driving in the snow today! 18" Rims, Blizzaks and Snow Mode. Absolutely no problem. About 14 inches on the ground here. Able to go through the snow drifts the plows make at intersections with ease. Another 3-5 inches predicted for tonight. A great vehicle for snow. Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
79 Posts
Congrats on the 13.1...
I just learned about that!
Congratulations on your successful marathon!
Thank y'all. While I've done many running events. I've done 1/2 marathons only 2 times with the last being a couple of years ago. I simply don't have the desire/patience to train for a full marathon.

Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Registered
728 Posts
Was tired of my engine being confused about the number of cylinders to use.
I put this on and I think it now knows it's got a
V-6.

20210203_110521.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice, did you use cardboard to make it?
Haha, actually I had the vinyl numbers on hand. They were black, so I had to paint them.

I honestly think the car has a little more giddy-up and go now. Hopefully we'll enjoy better gas mileage too.

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
Drove to Irvine and back to get a bookshelf.

But...did you all know you can turn the ACC off? I found this out on another forum.
- You set the ACC, then hold the button with the lines for spacing between cars for 3 seconds and it switches to the old school cruise control that doesn’t slam your breaks on for a shadow on the highway!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Drove to Irvine and back to get a bookshelf.

But...did you all know you can turn the ACC off? I found this out on another forum.
- You set the ACC, then hold the button with the lines for spacing between cars for 3 seconds and it switches to the old school cruise control that doesn’t slam your breaks on for a shadow on the highway!
I have to try this! Was driving in the big snowstorm last weekend on the interstate and I get the message about the radar system being covered. And the cruise control stops working. A little bit later and all of sudden the brake system indicator light comes up on the dash. I had my wife look up in the full owners manual what that was all about. Said i could be low of brake fluid and to drive the car to the nearest dealer. Pulled off at the next exit, checked the brake level and all was find. Found the "H" Badge in the front was all snow covered. Cleared it, restarted the car and the indicator light was off now. When the "H" badge gets covered, you can't use cruise control anymore...at least, that is my experience. I could not figure out how to turn off the ACC. All I wanted was the "ole" fashion cruise control where it does not care about distance to the vehicle in front and to auto-brake for me.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts
View attachment 9272 well I finally drove on the beach ( smith's point if anyone's in Long Island) and well I had a blast! Only thing I would recommend is a front skid plate ( will buy that real soon since the sand went by the engine bay below and smelt like something was burning)
LOL, it appears that the co-pilot didn't approve of his picture being taken :eek:🖕:D

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
I have to try this! Was driving in the big snowstorm last weekend on the interstate and I get the message about the radar system being covered. And the cruise control stops working. A little bit later and all of sudden the brake system indicator light comes up on the dash. I had my wife look up in the full owners manual what that was all about. Said i could be low of brake fluid and to drive the car to the nearest dealer. Pulled off at the next exit, checked the brake level and all was find. Found the "H" Badge in the front was all snow covered. Cleared it, restarted the car and the indicator light was off now. When the "H" badge gets covered, you can't use cruise control anymore...at least, that is my experience. I could not figure out how to turn off the ACC. All I wanted was the "ole" fashion cruise control where it does not care about distance to the vehicle in front and to auto-brake for me.
I have zero experience driving in snow, and still trying to understand the ACC (I had a 2006 CRV that didn’t have all these bells and whistles).

So would the snow covered H basically be telling your cruise control there is something in front of you and it won’t turn on? I’ve read about many issues with the H being covered in snow and there should be some sort of defroster or wiper on it. Can you use something like RainX that you’d use on your windshield on the H?

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
65 Posts
To be honest, it feels the same as the standard touring (which I have). Now if it's a sports steering wheel, then yes.
That's the info I was looking for. I've got an EX-L and the wheel just seems a little thin. I thought I could justify the cost for the heated wheel if it was a little thicker, too. Oh well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have zero experience driving in snow, and still trying to understand the ACC (I had a 2006 CRV that didn’t have all these bells and whistles).

So would the snow covered H basically be telling your cruise control there is something in front of you and it won’t turn on? I’ve read about many issues with the H being covered in snow and there should be some sort of defroster or wiper on it. Can you use something like RainX that you’d use on your windshield on the H?
With the H badge being covered, it can't look at the car in front of you and then adjust the distance, slow you down, etc....so it shuts off the whole cruise control.... There was a time in our lives where cruise control just set the speed of the car and that was it. Forget about how fast you were closing in on the car in front, or distance to the car in front...that was your job as the driver....what a concept....you as the driver of the car have to pay attention.....:)

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
With the H badge being covered, it can't look at the car in front of you and then adjust the distance, slow you down, etc....so it shuts off the whole cruise control.... There was a time in our lives where cruise control just set the speed of the car and that was it. Forget about how fast you were closing in on the car in front, or distance to the car in front...that was your job as the driver....what a concept....you as the driver of the car have to pay attention.....:)
That’s what I assume the issue would be.
And there was even a time when I didn’t have cruise control in my CRX...

Reactions: Moab Junky
1001 - 1020 of 1065 Posts