Honda Passport Forum banner

941 - 960 of 985 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ended up with 14" of snow with 20" drifts. All dug out here at the house. Passport handle quite well yesterday on the snowy drive home from work. Ready to take her out on the plowed roads to work this morning. Here is a photo of my Passport headed to work. Nothing can stop it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Everybody post your East Coast snow pics in the show is your PITS thread! I know some of those states are getting hit pretty hard right now.
Can’t wait to see all of them in action lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Technically, it’s not the PP I did anything to, except for putting the cargo box on it. I’ve had this box since 2008 and it was looking a little beat up. So, I had it wrapped. Changed the black to carbon fiber and the rest is color shift vinyl.

Depending on how the sun hits it, it sometimes matches the “bead lock” portion of the rims.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
53 Posts
Got my cross bars installed today. Now picking up lunch, and then off to run this ride through a touch less wash. Next up is ceramic coating at some point after the holiday season.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,813 Posts
Got my cross bars installed today. Now picking up lunch, and then off to run this ride through a touch less wash. Next up is ceramic coating at some point after the holiday season.
Looking good!
And excellent color choice.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
346 Posts
Purchased a ScanGauge II today from Auto Zone. Was happy to find out it had the latest firmware (4.53) so was able to add the X-Gauge codes for Honda. Followed P-A-N-D-A's advise and utilized the center slot. And he is right it fits P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
With this version can you tell when VCM is on or if the torque converter clutch is activating? My PP is still fairly new so I haven't felt the VCM vibration through the gas pedal, it was subtle on the Ridgeline with the 6 speed but I'm hoping the 9 speed will immunize me from feeling it.

Finally got the PP dirty and now that it's been exposed to salt, the rusting process has begun. Probably won't get washed until March. Really liking it's usefulness and even with an EX-L never had so many features before. I really hope it holds up, it's a good fit for me and does so much so well. I may just gamble and forget about putting the snows on this winter, Ridgeline wheels with the chrome certainly won't help the appearance and now have ability to plan around the weather most of the time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Installed the gifts Santa (wife 🥰) got me for Christmas! Honda OEM black lug nuts and locks (I had already painted black the H emblems). Plus gloss black rear badges (Passport and big H, AWD, and Elite), but needs to be over 60* for install so these will wait for warmer temps.
And like that wasn't enough...Honda front door checkers for the rear doors! Very easy install and really opens up the back. I keep a folding step stool in the back for my 82 year old Mom which is easier for her to negotiate than step rails. But, the door really didn't open up enough to make it easy on her, I'm hoping this mod will help.
Bernardi Honda has these for $11 each, here are the part numbers for anyone else interested:
Left Door: 72380-TG7-A02 (Drivers)
Right Door: 72340-TG7-A02 (Passenger)

Before and after pics to give you a reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Installed the gifts Santa (wife 🥰)

Before and after pics to give you a reference.
Love the color of your car. And the more you black it out, the better it looks.

Great idea on the rear doors.......so thoughtful for your Mother.
Thanks for sharing, educating.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well fortunately I'm off this week because our company has a "use it or lose it" policy with no carry over for vacation time.
Pulled out of the garage, had to run back in because I forgot something and noticed as I was walking out something shinny on the rear tire. Seems that I've been driving around with a screw for quite awhile because the head was just about worn off, but never lost air. Couldn't think of a better way to kill a couple of hours than going to Discount Tire for a free repair! Even though it didn't lose any air their standard procedure is to plug and patch from the inside. All good to go!
Continental Terrain Contact AT seem to be a good choice. LOL., not as bad as poor Steven's bolt debacle going through his tire!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
Well fortunately I'm off this week because our company has a "use it or lose it" policy with no carry over for vacation time.
Pulled out of the garage, had to run back in because I forgot something and noticed as I was walking out something shinny on the rear tire. Seems that I've been driving around with a screw for quite awhile because the head was just about worn off, but never lost air. Couldn't think of a better way to kill a couple of hours than going to Discount Tire for a free repair! Even though it didn't lose any air their standard procedure is to plug and patch from the inside. All good to go!
Continental Terrain Contact AT seem to be a good choice. LOL., not as bad as poor Steven's bolt debacle going through his tire!
Discount tire is the best! And good thing you didn’t notice it yesterday when they were closed!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,730 Posts
Welp two for two with bolts in these tires...

Glad yours was not leaking, I've had things go into my tires at an angle and never punctured the insides before as well...

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since Christmas I put my new Yakima rack on installed my Packasport to it, installed my weathertech mats and ordered the cargo mat (deliver Saturday), removed the emblems except the “H”, removed the 3M door edge tape (that I refused to pay their $650 additional accessory fee, i didn’t ask to have it put on), installed the weathertech mudflaps, ordered a tire step to reach my Packasport, making an appointment tomorrow for the front two window tint and last but not least will be ordering my wheels and tires soon (KMC NOMADS 17x8 in bronze on my white PP and a set of BFG All-TERRAIN).

then I’ll have one of my kids show me how to post the pics

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discount tire is the best! And good thing you didn’t notice it yesterday when they were closed!
my experiences with Discount are far from stellar, drove me to send two lengthy emails to corporate on their absolute lack of professionalism and laziness costing TWO full sets of wheel replacements, but truthfully it’s industry wide unless it’s a private family owned shop

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
Yesterday’s update:
Drove it to UPS, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Home Depot, (I was on a search for a gas leak alarm), then home...a total of 7 miles after going no where for 2 weeks. Sorry, that’s all I’ve got. Nothing else to do during these Covid and no work times. 😭🤬

I‘d say Happy 2021 and that it will get better, but clearly it will just be 2020, take 2. 🎬

Be safe Passport’ers!

- Heather

941 - 960 of 985 Posts