Honda Passport Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
405 Posts
Those look nice! I apologize if I missed it in another post, but how much did the powder coat cost?

If I get fed up with my wheels, maybe I will go the route of OEM or another design powder coated. They are growing on me though. The Continental tires, AT or HT, are both great. I'm new to the brand but really liking them. The OEM Sport LX are one of their budget tires, so I had no idea how good they were. I heard they own General too, with the Grabber line I think.

I feel pretty indifferent about the wheel design I got, but happy on the tires. I took one of the few wheel options I could even get at this shop, waited 3 weeks for shipping. Everything seems like it is on back order right now and almost every wheel they could get by the end of the year was gloss black or silver. Wondering if anyone else is having issues getting products? Unfortunately my shop could not buy from places like TireRack which has a few options, but I really like and trust the shop.
I paid $125 per wheel, which isn't cheap but they did an excellent job. They powder coated 100% of the wheel, even the barrel section (inside the tire) which some shops will skip.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I paid $125 per wheel, which isn't cheap but they did an excellent job. They powder coated 100% of the wheel, even the barrel section (inside the tire) which some shops will skip.
Ouch! My wheels were only 140 per! I think I will take StevenD's advice and just never wash them! :ROFLMAO:

That is a really nice combo of wheel and finish you have though, and having the factory offset would be nice.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sanded 5 lug nuts,, heated them,, painted them, then baked them. We'll see how they work out.
I'll report back after I put them on.
Even if some of the sides chip off, it shouldn't be noticeable since the lug holes are so deep.
20201201_145034.jpg

Painter the caliper too.
20201201_145604.jpg

I'll install the wheel tomorrow.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Made a tool out of a 2"×2" scrap to remove the bolt holding the spare tire down. If you haven't tried to loosen it, you may want to before you are on the side of the road. Mine was way too tight to remove by hand.

20201201_145500.jpg

This made it super easy to loosen bolt.

20201201_142302.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Sport
52 Posts
s
Made a tool out of a 2"×2" scrap to remove the bolt holding the spare tire down. If you haven't tried to loosen it, you may want to before you are on the side of the road. Mine was way too tight to remove by hand.

View attachment 8293

This made it super easy to loosen bolt.

View attachment 8294
Great idea. I had a hard time getting that piece off as well.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Unfreaking real. Coming home from Moab in the dark tonight, ran over something small. New tire went flat. Small hole, no nail that I can find.
Going to Discount in the morning.

20201202_184634.jpg

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today I installed my cross bars onto the roof rails. These bars are rated to 165lbs.

Silly question here. Does anyone know the weight limit for the roof in general? Is their a way to calculate it? Could one add more cross bars and increase the carrying capacity? I mean 165lbs is a lot of weight, I'm just thinking about some of the larger roof top tents that are asking for the bars to have a higher weight limit then 165lbs. Thanks and stay safe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today I installed my cross bars onto the roof rails. These bars are rated to 165lbs.

Silly question here. Does anyone know the weight limit for the roof in general? Is their a way to calculate it? Could one add more cross bars and increase the carrying capacity? I mean 165lbs is a lot of weight, I'm just thinking about some of the larger roof top tents that are asking for the bars to have a higher weight limit then 165lbs. Thanks and stay safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Man that stinks! You had your full size spare though right?
Yes.....THANK GOODNESS!

20201201_161856.jpg

20201202_153558.jpg

And compressor. Airing back up after full day on trails.
Thanks

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, that's a tight fit into your spot on the side and the roof. Any idea on the width of those crossbars. Is it over 48 inches? The website didn't reference the width.
I will measure them this evening and get back to ya (y)

901 - 920 of 1113 Posts