Honda Passport Forum banner

881 - 900 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
23 Posts
Converted incandescent bulbs to LasFit LEDs. I did map & dome lights, reverse, front & rear turn indicators. Still need to do the door, visor and glove box. I'm loving these LEDs. They're really bright and look great.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
301 Posts
Had the day off so I decided to PlastiDip the rear emblems. Been thinking of getting the OEM black emblems and thought I give this a try to see 1: if I like the look and 2: how long the PlastiDip will last.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,657 Posts
Had the day off so I decided to PlastiDip the rear emblems. Been thinking of getting the OEM black emblems and thought I give this a try to see 1: if I like the look and 2: how long the PlastiDip will last.
You went in for surgery on that prep!
It looks so much better.

Mine has held up for more than a year. I do use a brushless car wash though, and that does effect the lifespan.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Sport
15 Posts
Installed my rear view mirror front/back dash cam. Took about 1.5hrs. Ran cable for the camera feed along the headliner to rear. Drilled a hole through the plug and stored excess feed cable inside. Ran the power cable over to the passenger side door and removed rubber trim and fed the cable to the 12v by the gear selector.

Used the provided 3m tape and drilled two screw holes to attach the camera. I attached the camera to the rear hatch, to be careful when loading/unloading cargo. It ends up being at the same height as the middle plastic piece when the hatch is folded down.

Here is the link from Amazon.
[/URL]

This camera is awsome. On the rear setting i can see as many as 6 lanes across. Next up is to connect a.constant power source for parking mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did a pre-winter deep clean, not that it needed it lol. Removed the roof basket and bike rack for the year, then washed / clayed / waxed the exterior and detail brushed the interior and mats.

Reactions: storm303

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,573 Posts
I did a pre-winter deep clean, not that it needed it lol. Removed the roof basket and bike rack for the year, then washed / clayed / waxed the exterior and detail brushed the interior and mats.

Clay Bar or Clay Mitt?

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Finally got my wheels swapped.

Old: Honda OEM Touring Wheel and Continental LX Sport 20" Tire

New:
Wheel - Platinum Prophecy 458BK Wheel made by Ultra: 18x8, 5x120mm, 35mm offset, 74.1mm CB (5mm centering ring)
Tire - Continental Terrain Contact AT 18" 245/60R18 Tire

Yikes 😬 the wheels are extra glossy. Hope I will get used to them. I've never been the best at picking this stuff out. Does it look too much? Be honest. Gloss black was the only black finish they make for this wheel, and was a LOT glossier than I realized once seen in person. So many wheels are back ordered, so I stuck with this one.

Not as bad in softer light.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yikes 😬 the wheels are extra glossy. Hope I will get used to them. I've never been the best at picking this stuff out. Does it look too much? Be honest.
In that picture, they do look too glossy for my taste. That said, it's still a badass setup. Congrats!

·
Registered
159 Posts
In that picture, they do look too glossy for my taste. That said, it's still a badass setup. Congrats!
Thanks for the honesty, I agree, too glossy for my taste too. In good light they look nice enough, in bright they look gaudy. The photos I had of them and even inside the shop they were not glowing like that.

Sadly the shop I am using will only install from their suppliers and so much is on back order for months I think I'm stuck with these high gloss. Maybe I can powder coat them or swap them next year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went through all the customizable settings and programmed the Homelink garage door opener. Also ordered the "full" owner manual and navigation manual. For those who might not know, you can download the full manuals on the Honda Owners site and order printed manuals within the first six months of ownership. There's lot of stuff that's not covered in the manual that comes with the car.
There's a lot the dealer doesn't tell ya. Too late for me to get one now.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,573 Posts
Thanks for the honesty, I agree, too glossy for my taste too. In good light they look nice enough, in bright they look gaudy. The photos I had of them and even inside the shop they were not glowing like that.

Sadly the shop I am using will only install from their suppliers and so much is on back order for months I think I'm stuck with these high gloss. Maybe I can powder coat them or swap them next year.

Just don't wash them, the dirt should hide any sheen...! lol

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
301 Posts

If you really like the wheel design then I would go with powder coating, it would be cheaper than new wheels. I picked up a set of stock Ridgelines and had them powder coated to a 40% gloss. I'm happy with the results. BTW, great tire choice!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you really like the wheel design then I would go with powder coating, it would be cheaper than new wheels. I picked up a set of stock Ridgelines and had them powder coated to a 40% gloss. I'm happy with the results. BTW, great tire choice!
Those look nice! I apologize if I missed it in another post, but how much did the powder coat cost?

If I get fed up with my wheels, maybe I will go the route of OEM or another design powder coated. They are growing on me though. The Continental tires, AT or HT, are both great. I'm new to the brand but really liking them. The OEM Sport LX are one of their budget tires, so I had no idea how good they were. I heard they own General too, with the Grabber line I think.

I feel pretty indifferent about the wheel design I got, but happy on the tires. I took one of the few wheel options I could even get at this shop, waited 3 weeks for shipping. Everything seems like it is on back order right now and almost every wheel they could get by the end of the year was gloss black or silver. Wondering if anyone else is having issues getting products? Unfortunately my shop could not buy from places like TireRack which has a few options, but I really like and trust the shop.

881 - 900 of 903 Posts