Honda Passport Forum banner

821 - 840 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had the black 18" Ridgeline OEM wheels bought from Chris' Tire in PA installed on my 2019 Touring AWD. Did not need AT tires as I live in the San Diego area. Wanted to stick with an all season tire.
Went with Continental Cross Contact LX25
255 x55x18 tires. Wanted a bit more sidewall height but keep the overall diameter, plus a comfortable, quiet tire with good tread wear rating. So far very pleased.
Will soon be trying to sell my pewter Touring wheels ( no curb rash), no sensors, and the OEM 265-45-20 tires that have 12,000 miles on them. Even wear, never patched. Trying to figure out out how much to ask. Will deliver within 100 miles of 92009.
Open to suggestions on asking price.
Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Does your Passport feel slow after driving your incredibly fast A-R Stelvio Quad?
Ha. The Stelvio is actually my wife's vehicle. I'm too much of an @-hole driving it. :p

The Alfa is just stupid, stupid, stupid fast. I'd get in too much trouble if I drove it.

Reactions: WayneJay

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the black 18" Ridgeline OEM wheels bought from Chris' Tire in PA installed on my 2019 Touring AWD. Did not need AT tires as I live in the San Diego area. Wanted to stick with an all season tire. View attachment 7706 Went with Continental Cross Contact LX25
255 x55x18 tires. Wanted a bit more sidewall height but keep the overall diameter, plus a comfortable, quiet tire with good tread wear rating. So far very pleased.
Will soon be trying to sell my pewter Touring wheels ( no curb rash), no sensors, and the OEM 265-45-20 tires that have 12,000 miles on them. Even wear, never patched. Trying to figure out out how much to ask. Will deliver within 100 miles of 92009.
Open to suggestions on asking price.
Thanks
Those look nice. I too hate the 20" wheels on these things. I was hoping to get some 17" wheels. Not sure if they would clear brake rotors.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
80 Posts
I stuck a small push bar I used in my FJ, into the Passport hitch.
A little protection against rear enders. It's also a nice step.
20201017_112725.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yesterday, I drove it 325 miles to pay our daughter in college a visit. Took the chocolate lab too. I think this PP will be a keeper. It's very hilly in Ithaca, NY and the PP had no issues. Great highway cruiser and on the hilly country road sections it did very well. The campus at Cornell is a hilly, bumpy pothole mess and the PP was great. I wish it had more engine braking with the paddles but so far I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
77 Posts
I agree with you on the lack of engine braking, or me being able to find it

·
Registered
80 Posts
I rolled my rear passenger windows down all the way!!!
(Haven't owned a car that would do this since my 1966 Chevelle)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
17 Posts
Yesterday, I took mine on a somewhat lengthy drive as I'm finally passed 600 miles on the odo. Such a nice ride, and I'm looking forward to many good times.

I learned this weekend that I'll need to attend a funeral this week. My g/f was asking if I'd take the PP, but I'm thinking not this time as I'm driving from Wash DC to Pittsburgh which is lots high speed (usually traffic flows at 75-80 MPH) interstate driving through the mountains of Western Maryland. So It's likely I'll be driving my Accord.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yesterday, I drove it 325 miles to pay our daughter in college a visit. Took the chocolate lab too. I think this PP will be a keeper. It's very hilly in Ithaca, NY and the PP had no issues. Great highway cruiser and on the hilly country road sections it did very well. The campus at Cornell is a hilly, bumpy pothole mess and the PP was great. I wish it had more engine braking with the paddles but so far I can't figure it out.
Did you take your Passport down Buffalo Street in Ithaca?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,569 Posts
I opened my garage door (to run a load of laundry), looked at her, said goodnight, closed the door.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where did you get your pushbar? Looks like a good idea
I actually welded it up. I was going to put up a better pic but the attachment icon won't work all of a sudden.
Thanks

821 - 840 of 867 Posts