Honda Passport Forum banner

741 - 760 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
PhilC - If I remember right, the compass shows up on the dash underneath the speedometer if you select Navigation and do not have any route being followed or active in the navigation system. Our Odyessy had a camera on the passenger side mirror and would show up when you began your right blinker...I liked that feature better than the warning light....
Appreciate that Mrevets, but I have an EX-L, Navless. But my phone is more than sufficient. There just isn't a native compass in the 20 PP vs the 18 CRV. Not in the manual either, but after what I've not found, I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
21 Posts
Is the 2" lift really required though? I think I've seen several recent posts (including the moderator) that went 265/60R18 without a lift and have no (or very minimal, only when reversing at full lock, etc. etc.) rubbing...?
I really want to nail this down because I want to get Toyo Open Country AT3s (on Ridgeline 18" wheels) with no lift (yet) and they don't make them in 265/50R18...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Crossbars installed! Took me a while to figure out how to get the cap off the rails...didn't want to break it... Tomorrow - splash guards!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats!....Took me a while to figure that darn cap also! Had to actually read the instructions several times. But they were more like an IKEA assembly sheet! They certainly did not make it EZ. Splash guards will be much, much simpler.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats!....Took me a while to figure that darn cap also! Had to actually read the instructions several times. But they were more like an IKEA assembly sheet! They certainly did not make it EZ. Splash guards will be much, much simpler.
Thanks for the reply and words of encouragement for tomorrow. After this, it will be to take care of the "rocks in the hatch" - see posting about that saga...and the rubber trim on the rear window on the passenger side is coming off. Probably when they worked on the rear hatch last time. Needs more adhesive to stay in place...

and then at the end of August, ceramic coating... :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is the 2" lift really required though? I think I've seen several recent posts (including the moderator) that went 265/60R18 without a lift and have no (or very minimal, only when reversing at full lock, etc. etc.) rubbing...?
I really want to nail this down because I want to get Toyo Open Country AT3s (on Ridgeline 18" wheels) with no lift (yet) and they don't make them in 265/50R18...
It all depends on the rim width, offset, tire profile, type of tire and tire brand.

In my case is required because of the rim and tire combination....

I seen the same tire numbers of Nittos Grappelers and it's less aggressive Nittos and the difference is different.

This is for the All terrain tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok I'll watch the videos in the morning, thx. Essentially what you're saying is that the Ridge Grapplers (more aggressive, squared off edges) take up more room than the Terra Grapplers (with more rounded edges)? And your wheels (less offset?) add to the interference concern, leading to the lift decision...? If so, makes sense. Thx
I wonder if anyone else has gone with the Toyo Open Country AT3s? I assume they are more like the Terra Grapplers...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, and in keeping with this thread, I added Honda window visors this evening. Took about 40 min. Hardest parts were getting the clips under the rubber gasket of the little front triangular (fixed) windows and peeling the backer off the adhesive tape for the visors. ;)
Overall pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - I have the same bike rack. Can you tell me how far away the bike wheels are from the exhaust? I am trying to determine if I should use the Kuat or go for a Yakima roof rack. There have been concerns about exhaust and carbon wheels. I was also considering the Kuat extension to provide more distance. TIA

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
44 Posts
Kinda cool head rest "extenders"...reminded me of the airline seats when traveling overseas...they fold back out of the way when not in use

·
Registered
60 Posts
Essentially what you're saying is that the Ridge Grapplers (more aggressive, squared off edges) take up more room than the Terra Grapplers (with more rounded edges)? And your wheels (less offset?) add to the interference concern, leading to the lift decision...? If so, makes sense. Thx
The lift serves 3 purpose:
1. Gives you more clearance for your rim/tire set up and control components.
2. Gives you more clearance if you do light off roading.
3. The most important to me 😉😉👍 it gives you a way better stands if you adding aggressive rim/tires.
If you don’t believe me, just look at my wife’s and mine next to each other. 😂

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
218 Posts
Getting one step closer to replacing my Elite 20s. Last weekend picked up a set of 2019 Ridgeline wheels with about 500 miles of use before owner replaced them. Dropped them off Monday and picked them this morning from the powder coating shop. And new sets of TPMS just came in today from College Hills Honda. 99% sure I'm going for the Continental Terrain Contact AT in 265/60/r18.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Look great! How much taller will the 265/60/18s be compared to the OEM setup? That is exactly what I want to do to my PP. But I am going to wait until the 20s need replacing. At the current usage due to Covid, that may be quite a while! Please be sure to let us know how you like the new tires after you get a few miles on them. you

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
218 Posts
Reactions: pshadoa
741 - 760 of 767 Posts