Honda Passport Forum banner

721 - 740 of 767 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,141 Posts
Traded it for a CRV. Couldn't be happier!

Ok, well I wish you well, I wouldn't do that, but you did and that's all that matters...and feel free to bash the PP on the CRV forums...

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
340 Posts
I added a ProClip holder and mount a couple of weeks ago, but I took a picture of it today. 99% of the time, I don't need to look at my phone thanks to CarPlay, but now and then I do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced the engine and cabin air filters. The cabin air filter was especially dirty. Both filters were much easier to swap out than expected. I also changed the wiper blade inserts for the front and back (Honda OEM). Finally, I installed a screen protector over the infotainment center screen. Thanks to Prodgirl for the idea and link to the screen protector.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,390 Posts
HI Tom,

👍🏻 I am happy the screen protector worked out!
Did you get it installed perfect the first time? I think I mentioned it took me to the 2nd attempt to get it on there with no bubbles or lint.

Re: your cabin filter. Curious as to what your mileage is and are you in dusty areas? I didn't think those needed to be done until about 30k miles unless you are in really dusty areas?

- Heather

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heather,
I would not call my install of the screen protector "perfect" (one dust bubble) but the alignment is good ... enough. Per your advice, I ordered an extra. If the bubble bugs me -- I can always try again.

I have about 9,000 miles on the cabin filter with normal driving conditions. For me, I would not wait until 30,000 miles. I plan to change the filter at least every year - perhaps more often. The filter cost is fairly cheap and easy to swap out.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,390 Posts
Ha! I’m not perfect either. And if you are as OCD as I am, the one dust bubble will drive you nuts in a few days! I did find it went on easier when it was warmer outside.

I am at about 8600 miles and reversing (haven’t driven mine since about June 19).
But will talk with my Honda shop, next time I go in. They have been working on my Honda’s since my ‘96 Civic, and I know they have a plan.

Reactions: Tom_N_KS

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
822 Posts
I installed an ALPINE ILX 309 Halo 9. It looks gem!!! Happy that I saved some money from buying the SPORT model.
Can you post some pics from different angles in case other Sport owners want to do the same? Where did you get it? Do the steering wheel controls still work? Any issues with the install at all? Crutchfield says the fit is unknown on the Passport Sport.

Enjoy the new radio!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not bashing anything. Just not the car for me. Size of CRV perfect for me and wife.
I traded-in a 2017 CR-V Touring for the Passport. I liked the CR-V, but Honda needs to provide an option for the 250 HP Accord motor to give it a little more umph! Enjoy your CR-V!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put on the OEM cross bars today, still getting used to how they look.

Reactions: Mrevets and mtgriff

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you post some pics from different angles in case other Sport owners want to do the same? Where did you get it? Do the steering wheel controls still work? Any issues with the install at all? Crutchfield says the fit is unknown on the Passport Sport.

Enjoy the new radio!
+1 on the above...
Because, I was thinking to buy an late model Pilot or Passport above Sport trim radio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my 20 PP last month. Still stewing about why the dealer and Honda Finance had to pull separate hard credit checks. Still too angry to deal with it. PP is a good vehicle, but.... There are so many features that my 18 CRV EX-L had that aren't on my PP EX-L. And some curious changes. Like, why were the L/R mirror "watch out" lights moved to the inside on a black panel. At first I didn't think I had them and then there they were. New position is less effective to me. Lost the creep-in-traffic mode. I used that a lot. Discovered that garage door programming is not in the manual. Thank you google for finding the honda on-line instructions. Forget something, honda? What happened to the compass? Even my 08 Civic EX had that. Big cost savings? I do like the extra room and ground clearance. It has legs for distance and for sprints. Comfortable. And I finally did figure out how to stop the mirrors from tilting down in reverse.

·
Registered
65 Posts
PhilC - If I remember right, the compass shows up on the dash underneath the speedometer if you select Navigation and do not have any route being followed or active in the navigation system. Our Odyessy had a camera on the passenger side mirror and would show up when you began your right blinker...I liked that feature better than the warning light....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Today - stopped into CollegeHills Honda and got my splashguards/cargo cover/ door still/hatch trim protectors and my crossbars - will install the splashguards, crossbars tomorrow - cargo cover was in before I left CollegeHills.

721 - 740 of 767 Posts