Honda Passport Forum banner

701 - 719 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with the door edge guards.
I have a silver metallic 2020 Passport and I was considering installing the door edge guards in black (to bring out the black accents of the car).
I watched a video to install the guards and now I am having second thoughts.
Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with the door edge guards.
I have a silver metallic 2020 Passport and I was considering installing the door edge guards in black (to bring out the black accents of the car).
I watched a video to install the guards and now I am having second thoughts.
Any input would be appreciated.
I installed the door edge guards on my 2007 MDX.
I used a medium soft rubber mallet and some 3M Structural Adhesive (#08101).

It was easy. It took me about 20 minutes to complete all 4 doors.
The 3M is a 2 part mix, so you should use a dime size dab of each of the tubes of mixture, for each door.
When applying, the door is open and you apply the mixture to the inside edge, of the steel door, without going over the edge. Apply very sparingly.
Line up the door edge guard with the curve of the door, lay the door edge guard over the edge of the door, and tap it on, with the mallet. If you have applied too much adhesive, it will ooze out on the inside of the door (you can wipe it off). If you don't wipe it perfectly, it is hidden. However, if you apply the adhesive on to the outside of the edge and it oozes out, you'll always see the adhesive.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I installed the door edge guards on my 2007 MDX.
I used a medium soft rubber mallet and some 3M Structural Adhesive (#08101).

It was easy. It took me about 20 minutes to complete all 4 doors.
The 3M is a 2 part mix, so you should use a dime size dab of each of the tubes of mixture, for each door.
When applying, the door is open and you apply the mixture to the inside edge, of the steel door, without going over the edge. Apply very sparingly.
Line up the door edge guard with the curve of the door, lay the door edge guard over the edge of the door, and tap it on, with the mallet. If you have applied too much adhesive, it will ooze out on the inside of the door (you can wipe it off). If you don't wipe it perfectly, it is hidden. However, if you apply the adhesive on to the outside of the edge and it oozes out, you'll always see the adhesive.
Had them on my CRV and put them on my Passport. Mainly because I have such a small garage. Put them on very easily on both vehicles, always matched the paint color as it looks cleaner.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
797 Posts
Had them on my CRV and put them on my Passport. Mainly because I have such a small garage. Put them on very easily on both vehicles, always matched the paint color as it looks cleaner.

View attachment 6523
They’re actually nice and quite small. Not too noticeable.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
52 Posts
View attachment 6490

Got a bunch of accessories today. Roof rack and rails, running boards, trunk protectors and weather mats. I’ll be getting the tow hitch this weekend, going with a Curt for that. Nitro Ridge Grapplers will be going on before the winter for Tahoe runs.
Dropping some $$$ on that girl.....
she's loving it! (y) Looks great.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
39 Posts
I was going to say the same thing! Turn off the damn shine! It’s blinding me! 🤣

Looking good!!
Thanx guys...for the last two months I've been asking myself, "who in their right mind, would buy a black vehicle? They're so hard to keep clean!"

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
I’ve added diecast running boards, low profile bug deflector, dash mat, all weather floor mats, splash guards, body side mouldings , sill protectors, cargo mat and cargo cover.

701 - 719 of 719 Posts