Honda Passport Forum banner

681 - 700 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EXL. Obsidian Blue Pearl.
13 Posts
Welcome to the group!

I’d be interested in hearing about your hitch and bike rack. It’s on my list.
I kept this one from my CRV to install, but it won’t allow the tailgate to clear it when it’s down.

View attachment 6289
I did go ahead and install the hitch myself. Bought some mini stubby wrenches and that really helped, I have the EXL so no hands free to deal with. I did have trouble with one of the hitch bolts but eventually got it taken care of. Used two jackstands to support the hitch. As for the rack, I use 1UP USA. I dont have a picture of it on YET. But they are extremely sturdy, durable and reliable. Made in Wisconsin. And they are expandable, you can add up to 3 additional units for a total of 4 bikes. Or you can use a single unit, looks very sleek and low profile.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
I did go ahead and install the hitch myself. Bought some mini stubby wrenches and that really helped, I have the EXL so no hands free to deal with. I did have trouble with one of the hitch bolts but eventually got it taken care of. Used two jackstands to support the hitch. As for the rack, I use 1UP USA. I dont have a picture of it on YET. But they are extremely sturdy, durable and reliable. Made in Wisconsin. And they are expandable, you can add up to 3 additional units for a total of 4 bikes. Or you can use a single unit, looks very sleek and low profile.
Nice looking, do they have spare tire mount that fits the hitch?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ill put it on and take a pics of the single and dual units open and closed tomorrow so you can see. They make a wide range of units and accessories (1up)
The original designer of the 1UP USA has made several big improvements to the rack but is no longer associated with them and is selling them under the Quik Rack Mach 2 name. They should begin deliveries soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Ill put it on and take a pics of the single and dual units open and closed tomorrow so you can see. They make a wide range of units and accessories (1up)
Nice. One of my work buddies owns a bike shop in Texas and he recommended the 1 as well.

I just realized after looking at your photos not on an iPhone, this isn’t a Passport you installed it on?
Does your hatch clear the rack ok?

for sure post a photo on your Passport when you can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice. One of my work buddies owns a bike shop in Texas and he recommended the 1 as well.

I just realized after looking at your photos not on an iPhone, this isn’t a Passport you installed it on?
Does your hatch clear the rack ok?

for sure post a photo on your Passport when you can.
Haha yeah that was my accord, just traded it recently for the PP. the accord’s trunk would open and close no problem with the rack and add on folded in. Tomorrow im going to put it on the PP and see how it works out and take pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Haha yeah that was my accord, just traded it recently for the PP. the accord’s trunk would open and close no problem with the rack and add on folded in. Tomorrow im going to put it on the PP and see how it works out and take pics.
Cool thanks. Lesson learned about being able to open the door when I had it on my CRV.
I am home for a bit after next week and it’s on the top of my list to start trying to acquire the components. There is such a limit here on bike supplies, it might not get installed until September though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool thanks. Lesson learned about being able to open the door when I had it on my CRV.
I am home for a bit after next week and it’s on the top of my list to start trying to acquire the components. There is such a limit here on bike supplies, it might not get installed until September though!
With the single carrier on you can easily open the liftgate, with the add on you most certainly cannot. Unless you extend your hitch out. If using an OEM hitch youd definitely need an extender. With an aftermarket one it MIGHT work since they tend to stick out a bit more. Heres a couple of pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
That looks great and so clean!
Good to hear the tailgate will clear it too.

Is your hitch below the plastic part of the bumper?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks great and so clean!
Good to hear the tailgate will clear it too.

Is your hitch below the plastic part of the number?
Not sure I understand the question.
it’s the OEM hitch, so the plastic valence has the cutout and it sits right at the edge of the valence.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Not sure I understand the question.
it’s the OEM hitch, so the plastic valence has the cutout and it sits right at the edge of the valence.
ok - that makes sense, I’ve seen one that was below the Valence.
and sorry, that was an autocorrect above from bumper to number...

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok - that makes sense, I’ve seen one that was below the Valence.
and sorry, that was an autocorrect above from bumper to number...
I know what you mean, the aftermarket hitches are significantly cheaper but - they are nowhere near as clean as the factory hitch.
it's such a great looking car... I wanted to keep it looking fresh haha :)

·
Registered
16 Posts

Got a bunch of accessories today. Roof rack and rails, running boards, trunk protectors and weather mats. I’ll be getting the tow hitch this weekend, going with a Curt for that. Nitro Ridge Grapplers will be going on before the winter for Tahoe runs.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Got a bunch of accessories today. Roof rack and rails, running boards, trunk protectors and weather mats. I’ll be getting the tow hitch this weekend, going with a Curt for that. Nitro Ridge Grapplers will be going on before the winter for Tahoe runs.
Great rig, I really like the white on PP's, it shows off the black parts so well! Are you in Cali? Where abouts? I'm in So. Cal. (Orange County)...

681 - 700 of 719 Posts