Honda Passport Forum banner

521 - 540 of 767 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
Hey Prodgirl, do you use a California Duster?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,379 Posts
Hey Prodgirl, do you use a California Duster?

I have one for the interior.
Swirling around sand dust on the paint always makes me nervous.

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
I have used them on my last 2 or 3 cars, of course they were garaged, while the Passport is outside.

This is how I used them:
After washing my car, later the same day, I would brush the entire car, eliminating the dust that accumulated that day.
Then I would also brush it each day after returning home from work.
My car would stay clean for weeks using this method.

What you do not want to do is try to use in on an obviously dirty car.

Cheers...

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,169 Posts
My cars are generally too dirty to attempt a dry dusting; I was hoping for a lazy wet - wash system.
Come a funeral I may apply an actual soapy brush, otherwise it's just the water hose (to rid it of bug guts/ yard clippings).

I just remembered an exception - last summer (while camping in Foley, AL.) there was a fellow who offered to wash/wax my fifth wheel (to include cleaning of the 5ths roof) for $225. Once nearly complete he offered to (wash/wax) my dually tow vehicle for $50. Next he offered (and I accepted) to wash/ wax my brides minivan for $40.

If the campground wasn't 185 miles (each way), plus $70/ a night I'd revisit him.

·
Read Only
395 Posts
I drove it for the first time in a week. Grocery day today. Otherwise I'm just staying home and the wife pretty much goes straight to work and home.

·
Read Only
395 Posts
Yep, I'm guessing that my Passports harness didn't get pinched. Fired right up. I did take the long way to the grocery store to give it a few minutes of charge time.

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
A week? I guess you're very fortunate that the battery was still holding.
Last year in June, we went to Italy & Greece for 10 days and mine sat outside on the driveway - no issues at all when I started it back up...!

521 - 540 of 767 Posts