Honda Passport Forum banner

501 - 520 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Going by memory (slowly getting weaker so maybe I'm wrong) but I believe my air filters last several years before needing to be replaced. At maybe $10/15 (auto store/ walmart, etc)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Going by memory (slowly getting weaker so maybe I'm wrong) but I believe my air filters last several years before needing to be replaced. At maybe $10/15 (auto store/ walmart, etc)?
air filter behind glove box is biggest rip off dealers make lol they charge upwards of 40-60 dollars. Ill have to recheck but my sister paid think 45-50 for one last few week ago.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Today I put the carbon fiber vinyl wrap on the center console. The console was easy to disassemble. The vinyl wrap was not as easy to work with as I thought. A heat gun helped. It took three tries to get it done, fortunately I had bought enough material.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Today I put the carbon fiber vinyl wrap on the center console. The console was easy to disassemble. The vinyl wrap was not as easy to work with as I thought. A heat gun helped. It took three tries to get it done, fortunately I had bought enough material. View attachment 4696

Thanks a lot scooter, that looks awesome and is going to cost me some money! I took a picture of it with my cell phone and will be visiting the guy who did my clear bra to see if they can do it for a reasonable price...

Cheers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks a lot scooter, that looks awesome and is going to cost me some money! I took a picture of it with my cell phone and will be visiting the guy who did my clear bra to see if they can do it for a reasonable price...

Cheers!
Thanks! I'm sure someone who has the expertise could do it quickly. Took me about 2 hours total. $17 for a roll of the Vvivid vinyl wrap from Amazon. Skol!

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Thanks! I'm sure someone who has the expertise could do it quickly. Took me about 2 hours total. $17 for a roll of the Vvivid vinyl wrap from Amazon. Skol!

I'm going to see if they can also cover the shiny black plastic pieces on the dash and doors!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Installed Lasfit front and rear turn signals, VCM Tuner II, and K&N air filter. OEM hitch, kick sensor relocation plate, and wiring harness to be delivered Thursday - hopefully for upcoming weekend project!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed Lasfit front and rear turn signals, VCM Tuner II, and K&N air filter. OEM hitch, kick sensor relocation plate, and wiring harness to be delivered Thursday - hopefully for upcoming weekend project!
Did you do the front turn signals through the wheels wells? Any tips?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you do the front turn signals through the wheels wells? Any tips?
Yes. Turn the front of the wheel in on the side you want to change. Remove the 3 phillips screws that hold the wheel liner, push in the liner enough to get your hand in there. The socket can be easily reached.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Congrats on your EXL

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Washed mine for the first time today after 2.5 months of ownership. This thing is a beast!! I’m either getting a brush on a broom stick handle or I’m just going to auto bell from now on.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Today I mowed the yard - which resulted in my PP being heavily covered in dust; as it was parked nearby to a water hose I hit it with water.
This is likely its' third water treatment (trying to combat bugs),

My brides buggy (Ody) - and my dually - can fend for themselves.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Washed mine for the first time today after 2.5 months of ownership. This thing is a beast!! I’m either getting a brush on a broom stick handle or I’m just going to auto bell from now on.
A little time and effort (2 hours) can save you work down the line.

I used to wash and wax my cars every 2 weeks with P21S carnauba wax, but now I wash and wax them every 9 - 10 months, with a different product. I still hose them off every now & then and leaf blow them dry.

Buy a tin of Soft 99 Fuso Coat ($25). This stuff lasts & lasts and is AMAZING.
Wash it with diluted baby's bubble-bath (soap), from Walmart. ($1.74)
Blow the water off, with a leaf blower
Dry it with clean, but old bath towels or micro fiber 2' x 3' sheets ($6.99), from Walmart
Do one panel, with a very, very thin (I mean extra thin) layer of Soft 99 Fusso Coat.
After 5 - 7 minutes wipe it off with a clean micro fiber towel.
On to the next panel.
Repeat evety 9 - 10 months.
Caution...1. Don't get it on the plastic, but if you do, just wipe some Wipe New Trim Kit ($13.49) Walmart on and over the plastic.
2. Fusso Coat to be polished off, if you let it harden, for more than 5 - 7 minutes.

Or spend $5,000 and have Modesta Coating applied, then you can hose it and blow dry it.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
I know the feeling. I washed and waxed mine last week, I have to use the long handle brush and the squirt and spray that’s less than a mile from home. then I drive home to get a lot of water off, park in the shade, get my 3’ ladder to reach the center of the windshield, roof and dry it off, then wax it and clean the inside.

3 hours later I’m done and tired. I park in my garage so thankfully, I only wax it before and after summer so it’s still warm outside, and by some freak of nature it was 78* last week, (waxing twice a year worked great on my 2006 CRV, so hopefully it still does), but I still wash it 1-2 x a month because of all the sand dust when I’m at home.

501 - 520 of 533 Posts