How did it go with the running board installation? Is it hard to cut out the 2 plastic trim area to mount the bracket??? I want to get the smooth edge and perfect cut. Any tools / knife that you can suggest that can get a round and smooth edge cut out???
I just found a guy installing RB on a late model Pilot and it is basically the same:
I did not watch all of it, but it gives you a good idea for what to look for.
The hardest part is being down on the ground, I had a couple pieces of foam and some old bath towels, so that made it ok. I'll go thru the steps here for one side of the PP:
1. Unpack everything and separate the Left & Right components.
2. Tools; 13mm socket, a socket wrench, Torque wrench (20in/lb), box cutter with a new blade.
3. Cut out the (3) relief spots in the plastic under piece. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT A PERFECT CUT - IT IS HIDDEN BY THE RB's.
4. Install the brackets for the side of the vehicle you are doing first, LEAVE THEM LOOSE.
5. Lay the Running Board across the brackets, some what line up the mating holes.
6. Install the CENTER bolts into the RB, LEAVE THEM LOOSE.
7. Install the REAR bolts into the RB, LEAVE THEM LOOSE.
8. Install the FRONT bolts into the RB, SNUG THEM with socket wrench.
9. SNUG the CENTER RB bolts.
10. SNUG the REAR RB bolts.
11. SNUG the REAR bolts - to the PP body.
12. SNUG the CENTER bolts - to the PP body.
13. SNUG the FRONT bolts - to the PP body. Use Torque wrench to torque FRONT PP bolts to 20 in/lb.
14. Use Torque wrench to torque CENTER PP bolts to 20 in/lb.
15. Use Torque wrench to torque REAR PP bolts to 20 in/lb.
16. Use Torque wrench to torque REAR RB bolts to 20 in/lb.
17. Use Torque wrench to torque CENTER RB bolts to 20 in/lb.
18. Use Torque wrench to torque FRONT RB bolts to 20 in/lb.
19. Repeat for other side.
Seriously, this takes LESS than two hours, if you have a lift, probably less than 1 hour!
It's sad that the dealers charging $200 - $400 to install these..
NOTE: For Passport Owners in So. Cal.: Bring your NON-LIGHTED Running Boards over and I'll install them for $100...!