Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
To connect an in-cabin brake controller, you just need to locate the Passport's brake controller connector under the driver's side dash. With the OEM towing harness kit, it includes a pigtail wire harness for connecting to a brake controller's pigtail wiring harness. Alternative is to buy an aftermarket harness that has the appropriate connectors on both ends to connect between the Passport and specific brake controller. Look for brake controller installation videos on CurtMfg.com or etailer.com.

Another much easier alternative... refer to this thread regarding a Bluetooth brake controller.
Never had to use the included connector. One was already on the wire bundle, plug into my controller and have a nice day!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
thanks for pointing out the "cooler" issues. Based on what I have read, I think I will limit myself to 3000 lbs. I dont think I would like to see what people are reporting.

Hitch/harness arrived and installed it last weekend. Looks good.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EX-L
8 Posts
Just returned from our first adventure with our 2020 Passport. We towed our NuCamp [email protected] 400 from Portland to Olympic National Park for a round trip of close to 500 miles. Overall gas mileage was right around 13 mpg which pretty closely matches our old tow vehicle which was a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L. The [email protected] 400 is approximately 3200 lbs as you see it here. Black, Gray and Fresh water tanks are empty when driving. We have an Anderson Weight Distributing hitch and use a Tekonsha Prodigy wireless brake controller for the trailer brakes. Absolutely no problem towing this trailer with the Passport. Our Passport has the factory installed hitch and transmission cooler for a max of 5000 lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just returned from our first adventure with our 2020 Passport. We towed our NuCamp [email protected] 400 from Portland to Olympic National Park for a round trip of close to 500 miles. Overall gas mileage was right around 13 mpg which pretty closely matches our old tow vehicle which was a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L. The [email protected] 400 is approximately 3200 lbs as you see it here. Black, Gray and Fresh water tanks are empty when driving. We have an Anderson Weight Distributing hitch and use a Tekonsha Prodigy wireless brake controller for the trailer brakes. Absolutely no problem towing this trailer with the Passport. Our Passport has the factory installed hitch and transmission cooler for a max of 5000 lbs.

View attachment 6488
Very nice rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
can also opt for curt Bluetooth brake controller. No wring, no box under dash. It just plugs into 7 prong wiring receiver and they trailer wiring plug goes into it. Runs of app on your phone via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont have anything yet but stocked EXL. Trying to figure out what I need so when I buy camper I dont burn up the brakes. I ordered OEM hitch and wiring harness. Good chance I will need electronic brakes so I rather plan for it now . I am pretty sure (based on what I am seeing as good fit) the camper will be over 3000 dry weight.

Sounds as at min I will at least need brake controller.

I do know that I will need to install the additional trans cooler. I can do this anytime before I would get camper which is still 3-4 month away at min.

thanks
Check out curt bluetooth brake controller. Just plug and go. It plugs into 7 pin receiver and then your camper plug goes into it. Bluetoothed to your smartphone. No wires, no box and easily transferable to another vehiclr

41 - 48 of 48 Posts