Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get my oil changed, but that's not what I wanted to discuss.

Their Lot was bare! The pic is of the second half of their lot, the side that has non-cars. The pic shows 6 cars where they used to have 28!

The car side easily had 20-30 cars, but was still 1/3 of capacity, I overheard a salesman tell someone they had 4 Civics coming in and everyone of them was already sold.

You can see by the pic, they had 5 Ridglines (1 was in the showroom), 2 Pilots and ZERO Passports and Odyssey's!

Between the chip shortage and the delay at the docks, their sales are descimated ! They said their best guess at recovery is not until March-2022.

I also saw the Ridgelines had their own special markup sticker that added $5000 to the MSRP (window) sticker, calling it "Market Adjustment".

If anyone is getting discounts on their new Passports, then my (new Honda) Hat is off to you...

Clothing Head Hat Cap Baseball cap

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
465 Posts
Last month when I brought my Passport to the dealer for the free state inspection I negotiated at purchase, the only cars on the lot were the trade-ins. They literally get half a dozen new cars a month and their all sold before they make it to the lot. In their showroom the only car was a 2018 CR-V. Service AI dealt with said their department was busy and keeping the rest a float. Sales are completely in the tank.
It's like the 1970's nightmare all over again but even worse. :mad:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Same here in central Florida. Couple of weeks ago I had stopped at the dealership and counted 8 new vehicles and maybe 25 used vehicles. Crazy how empty they were -- but it's for all makes in my area.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
511 Posts
To get my oil changed, but that's not what I wanted to discuss.

Their Lot was bare! The pic is of the second half of their lot, the side that has non-cars. The pic shows 6 cars where they used to have 28!

The car side easily had 20-30 cars, but was still 1/3 of capacity, I overheard a salesman tell someone they had 4 Civics coming in and everyone of them was already sold.

You can see by the pic, they had 5 Ridglines (1 was in the showroom), 2 Pilots and ZERO Passports and Odyssey's!

Between the chip shortage and the delay at the docks, their sales are descimated ! They said their best guess at recovery is not until March-2022.

I also saw the Ridgelines had their own special markup sticker that added $5000 to the MSRP (window) sticker, calling it "Market Adjustment".

If anyone is getting discounts on their new Passports, then my (new Honda) Hat is off to you...

View attachment 13160
The dealer I purchased from is still discounting off of MSRP for both Hondas and Acura's. I just purchased a 2021 Acura RDX at 8% off MSRP and that included the first four oil and filter changes. There are still good and decent dealers out there who are not driven by greed. You just have to find them. They also sold me my 2021 Passport Touring this past July at 8% off MSRP.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My local dealer is hounding me to buy my 2019. They offered almost 34K for a Touring with 23k miles on it! I paid 39.6K. If they had new inventory I might consider it, as that is a pretty soft depreciation for a 2.5 year old car. As it is, I would be waiting around with no car, and I am too lazy to do my sound proofing and audio upgrades again. At least the value is holding up well for now. We will see when the market over compensates and cranks out a billion cars to address the shortage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My passport is a lease, I only have 4,500 on it currently, my local dealer, wanted to buy it completely back from me and give me a 2021 lease, I said no, what I have is fine until the lease runs out.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 Sport Steel Metallic
77 Posts
My local dealer is hounding me to buy my 2019. They offered almost 34K for a Touring with 23k miles on it! I paid 39.6K. If they had new inventory I might consider it, as that is a pretty soft depreciation for a 2.5 year old car. As it is, I would be waiting around with no car, and I am too lazy to do my sound proofing and audio upgrades again. At least the value is holding up well for now. We will see when the market over compensates and cranks out a billion cars to address the shortage.
What all did you sound proof? I'm thinking of doing the 4 doors,under driver and passenger floor and wheel well.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you really experience that much road noise? Did you go to smaller wheels with all terrain tires?
The answer to this is difficult to quantify, I guess one could measure the decibels - before and after sound deadening, but as one who has had their Passport sound deadened, it makes a huge difference, which can be heard (or experienced) even if one did not do a stereo upgrade. It greatly reduces a low rumble - that most people (and Honda) don't pay much attention too....!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you really experience that much road noise? Did you go to smaller wheels with all terrain tires?
Not really a lot of road noise but I like it quite as possible. Also would think doing the doors would make the stereo sound better. Just enjoy projects as long as it does not cost an arm and a leg. My wife has a 2021 pp and she don't get it either 🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not really a lot of road noise but I like it quite as possible. Also would think doing the doors would make the stereo sound better. Just enjoy projects as long as it does not cost an arm and a leg. My wife has a 2021 pp and she don't get it either 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Stock tires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts