Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had this happen before, I’m using my Honda music, driving down the highway and hearing interference from the truckers radios?

I did just pass through Baker, California so it’s possible my entire computer system in my Passport got wiped!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep, not on the Passport but on the Pilot. The FCC rules state that CB Radios can have a max output of 4 watts. Back in the CB days, I knew of people who were running 1000 watt radios. Get near them and they would squelch the whole thing. Of course back then we were either listening to AM, FM or Cassette tapes.

If it could do it now I don't know.

FYI for the children in the audience THIS is a cassette tape: 😁

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
I can only suggest you stay away from truckers and truck stops, unless of course you're into that kinda thing.

Or simply get yourself a CB... breaker breaker...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And it is recorded on one of these:

Using one of these:

Some of us still re-live the good ol' days . . .
Nice set up!
Depending on what kind of speakers you’ve got, I’m sure those old albums sound amazing!
I can only suggest you stay away from truckers and truck stops, unless of course you're into that kinda thing.

Or simply get yourself a CB... breaker breaker...
That would sure be a blast!
My grandpa used to have one in his old Bronco, it was great because they‘d tell us where highway patrol was hiding!

Yep, not on the Passport but on the Pilot. The FCC rules state that CB Radios can have a max output of 4 watts. Back in the CB days, I knew of people who were running 1000 watt radios. Get near them and they would squelch the whole thing. Of course back then we were either listening to AM, FM or Cassette tapes.

If it could do it now I don't know.
FYI for the children in the audience THIS is a cassette tape: 😁
Interesting on the pilot...
I’ve driven countless road trips, most of my 12,000 miles are open highway and never had this issue.
Even driven thru Baker where the aliens exist at least a dozen times!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Truckers still use CB radios but GMRS is far better

Its also interesting that at some airfield facilities, interference from their electronic systems can disrupt GPS etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seems unlikely that would happen if you're not using the actual radio though. It's an app on the head unit that is getting signal through a data connection. Those data connections are more likely to drop when interfered with. I'm not sure it would actually translate into actual interference you could hear anyways. Perhaps something else in the vehicle was on and picking up something? Did you have a stow-away? 😁

·
Registered
158 Posts
Has anyone ever had this happen before, I’m using my Honda music, driving down the highway and hearing interference from the truckers radios?

I did just pass through Baker, California so it’s possible my entire computer system in my Passport got wiped!
I think as long as your name isn't candy cane and rusty nail doesn't talk to you, you should be ok.

if you don't know what I am talking about...

Joy Ride

·
Registered
425 Posts
Truckers still use CB radios but GMRS is far better

Its also interesting that at some airfield facilities, interference from their electronic systems can disrupt GPS etc
True, but GMRS is a licensed radio where as CB is still unlicensed. GMRS requires a fee, test and license.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Illegal overpowered radios.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts