2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
Panda, you really wasted a lot of time researching my prior posts. Let me sum it up for you.ACC and LKAS has been installed in Honda vehicles for at least 12 years - perhaps the cameras and software needs refinement when used in Passport, perhaps due to acoustic glass, or vehicle height, or windshield angle, or installing low-bid equipment. But this isn't prototype technology by Honda.
But the Passport is built and marketed for a different customer base, not Mercedes clients. Honda Passport is middle-market SUV, as is Toyota Highlander and RAV4 (ever read all the disclaimers on their Safety Sense Suite?), Jeep Grand Cherokee (NHTSA investigates inexplicable emergency braking), Hyundai Sante Fe (crankshaft position sensor failure, causing engine stalling or failure to start). You praised the Honda Accord infotainment, yet there are still m-a-n-y complaints about Accord and Honda Sensing, too. And above you inferred Honda should have quality control of Mercedes, but Mercedes too have had problems, such as their Mercedes C-Class vehicles have horrible reputation for engine failure due to failed electrical connections within the engine system, resulting in the engine coming to complete stop without warning.
A car is made of thousands of complex parts, and systems can fail. Even the most impressive models can have inherent flaws or develop issues over time. As I posted here, the infotainment problem has not been solved because no one has yet been able to isolate the singular fault resulting in failure. We all have different degrees of expectation with our purchases, be it a dinner out, home internet service, home entertainment equipment or laptop, a vehicle, or a home. Buyers have all the power, so you do make a difference with your decisions. You have options.
Beachbum07, you obviously have very negative feeling about Honda's support to it's customers, so I am asking why you purchased your Passport?
Beachbum07, you frequented this forum with m-a-n-y posts before purchasing your Passport, so you knew what you were buying. You posted:
"I’ve been researching the PP for quite a while, and many different sites, so my sampling size of owner feedback is quite large."
"I'm holding off on my PP purchase until the infotainment fix is released. I don’t have the time to jerk around with multiple dealership visits for repair attempts."
"I’ll stay loyal to the brand, but sit on the sidelines until Honda gets their act together."
"I’ll wait for a TSB on this issue, and wait for a PP manufactured after the date of the TSB."
"Your assumption is wrong. I’m loyal to the brand, just being cautious based on facts. I had my dealer even confirm that the problems are widespread."
" I’ve always gone with my gut on big purchases, and so far, I’ve done very well."
"it didn’t join the forum to complain. I came here to research before my purchase."
You even created a new thread regarding your decision and excitement to purchase your Passport well after you posted many negative concerns about Honda, as those listed above.
And after all your researching, waiting, and using your gut, after your purchase you posted:
"BTW, the 75 mile drive was quite comfortable and enjoyable. Used the ACC the whole way, but at that late hour, not many cars on the highway to be a nuisance"
"On my way back home early Monday morning, I started to doze a bit, and the lane departure warning saved the day "
"Safety features definitely helped. PP applied brakes before I could react. The PP stayed straight in the lane during the braking."
" and think the whole idea of auto stop/start is ridiculous and unnecessary. We're rebels"
Beachbum07, overall, are you enjoying your Passport?? You have pridefully posted about many additional mods and accessories you have invested into your Passport, so I assume you must like your Passport. Is it that you just dislike dealers, or service techs, or just Honda?
As for myself, we purchased a Touring model manufactured in February, 2019 (I even posted image of my window sticker in this forum).
I empathize with all those that are awaiting solutions to their infotainment issues, and secretly smile that my vehicle has not (yet) fallen victim to this fault.
- We have not experienced a-n-y infotainment issues whatsoever.
- We have ACC set to shortest distance for detection, and have not had a problem with it. When ACC slows more than I like, I simply depress the gas pedal and gitty-up to speed.
I never expected the Honda Passport to be perfect, but I adapt to my new ride and enjoy it.
Beachbum07, you post a-l-o-t and it makes for some interesting reading . . . however my view of Honda and my Passport is significantly more optimistic than yours - my glass is always half full even as I continue drinking from it. Still happy with our Passport, and no regrets buying it. Life is too short to be bitter about such things, this is not my first vehicle nor will it be my last - I enjoy them for many years, then move on. I hope others continue to find great satisfaction and create memorable experiences with their Passport, too 🍺
- I have always loved my prior 6 Hondas
- Overall, I like my Passport, but I’m pissed at the implementation of certain features
- It’s very comfortable to drive
- I did do a lot of research prior to my purchase, but had hopes that Honda would be able to resolve the current issues
- I despise dealers, and the low end “mechanics” that most hire
- I think Honda has the best six cylinder engine in this segment
- It has the interior space that I need
- I based my purchased on my prior positive Honda experience over the competition
- Lastly, if LKAS and ACC have been used for 12 years on other Honda models, those features should be extremely refined by now
- My reference to Mercedes was about how quickly they investigate issues. I’m well aware of their many problems
- There is no perfect vehicle
- I took a leap of faith based on my prior Honda experience, but not impressed with some of the features, and the fact that Honda seems to be stumped as to how to fix them
- And lastly, and probably very controversial, I think Honda should bring the manufacturing back to Japan.