Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wireless charging pad.
I was thinking of adding one to my EXL but not sure if it's worth taking the phone cover off everytime to charge. If you have one do you really use it or just plug in to charge.
Thanks ahead of time for your input.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
My phone (Note10+) charges with a cover on BUT ...
the charging pad has a green light (to indicate when it's charging) that's obscured by the resting phone.

Trial and error placement have shown me how/where to properly use it.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
If you are going to connect your phone to access the Apple Play or Android through the infotainment - you have to use a USB canle - which will also charge your phone, that along with the potential Phone Cover issues made me not value the auto charging feature.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
I turned my charging pad off. I have never been able to get the Bluetooth to connect (iPhone 8), and even though the charging pad worked, I didn’t need something to freak out with it on and being plugged into the USB and then I get some random check engine light and my vehicle stops. Yes, I’ve been reading too any horror stories on here...

·
Registered
524 Posts
My wife and I both have an iPhone 11 and have used the charging pad when we're in the PP. It's worked great for us.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I, too, don't use the charging pad in my Elite, Its a hassle taking the phone case off to use it. I carry a charging cable in the door pocket and use that.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
I, too, don't use the charging pad in my Elite, Its a hassle taking the phone case off to use it. I carry a charging cable in the door pocket and use that.
but what if there are TWO cell phones in the front seat? Problem solved with the pad.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
but what if there are TWO cell phones in the front seat? Problem solved with the pad.
Not sure if the additional 2 usb ports inside the center storage console are on all trims?
I know they are on my elite.

Plus, you’ve got the port in the front dash spot under the climate control display. You can get a “Y” charging cable to go in the front dash spot and charge 2 phones with one cable. Personally, I’d do that method vs tearing apart the dash for an expensive charging pad that may or may not work with your phone and case.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not sure if the additional 2 usb ports inside the center storage console are on all trims?
I know they are on my elite.

Plus, you’ve got the port in the front dash spot under the climate control display. You can get a “Y” charging cable to go in the front dash spot and charge 2 phones with one cable. Personally, I’d do that method vs tearing apart the dash for an expensive charging pad that may or may not work with your phone and case.
Excellent technical advice, Heather.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Interesting that you have to remove your case in order to charge your phone using the pad. I've been using it with the case on and it works fine. I agree, if I did have to remove the case, it wouldn't bother using it either.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
Interesting that you have to remove your case in order to charge your phone using the pad. I've been using it with the case on and it works fine. I agree, if I did have to remove the case, it wouldn't bother using it either.
I think it depends on your case. My Otterbox case worked on the pad, but a friends Otterbox didn’t.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think it depends on your case. My Otterbox case worked on the pad, but a friends Otterbox didn’t.
That makes sense but Honda couldn't possibly have expected people to be removing their cases each time they used the charging pad.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
I suspect its all in how the phone is placed on the charging pad. Only thru trial and error did I find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I suspect its all in how the phone is placed on the charging pad. Only thru trial and error did I find the sweet spot.
That's a good point because I bought one of these and it's somewhat particular about how you place your phone on it.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
just ordered wireless parts for 172 shipped, called 3 dealers around 2 hrs radius for install and oh boy 30 mins away wants 180 plus tax, 1 hr away wants 99 plus tax, 1 hr n 30 mins away wants 150 plus tax lol.

went ahead with 99 one and also doing side panel protecter install with him while im there. just waiting for parts to come in and waiting for missing rivets of side panel.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts