Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite AWD - Modern Steel Metallic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, 2020 Honda Passport here--just received a letter in the mail yesterday from Honda stating that the warranty for the MOST bus network connectors is being extended to 5 years or 60,000 miles from the original date of purchase for the 2019-20 Passport/Pilot and that any repairs needed within that timeframe would be fully covered for free. Wondering if anyone else received this recently for their Passport? It also included a claim form for anyone that may have paid out of pocket for previous repairs to the system.

My car was manufactured in August of 2020 so I'm hoping it's after the newly designed MOST bus network connectors hit the assembly line--no issues so far and there's plenty of bumps I've hit around New England since I bought it.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,114 Posts
That will be good news for people who never had the problem and never took their vehicle in for the recall....!

(cough, cough PG...)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,543 Posts
That will be good news for people who never had the problem and never took their vehicle in for the recall....!

(cough, cough PG...)
Yon talking about me and my avoiding the dealership & recalls again...🤣

I’m now waiting to get a new fuel pump per the letter I posted on the recall forum.
If I hold out long enough, I could get a new transmission in about 5 years as well.

btw - No one responded, but what is the average lifetime of a fuel pump?

·
3,114 Posts
Hmm, Fuel Pumps can last a hell of a long time, unless they are designed, specified and built to the lowest possible cost standards...

I have no received a recall (yet),,

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
Hmm, Fuel Pumps can last a hell of a long time, unless they are designed, specified and built to the lowest possible cost standards...

I have no received a recall (yet),,
Well, I will just have to drag it out even longer then! 🤣
My neighbors 2011 Accord needs one, but she does no maintenance to her car and it’s falling apart.

Did you look up your VIN on the Honda recall website? That’s how I found mine.

·
3,114 Posts
Well, I will just have to drag it out even longer then! 🤣
My neighbors 2011 Accord needs one, but she does no maintenance to her car and it’s falling apart.

Did you look up your VIN on the Honda recall website? That’s how I found mine.
No but I am going in for a oil change, so I'll ask @ the dealer...

cheers!

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
429 Posts
Hey all, 2020 Honda Passport here--just received a letter in the mail yesterday from Honda stating that the warranty for the MOST bus network connectors is being extended to 5 years or 60,000 miles from the original date of purchase for the 2019-20 Passport/Pilot and that any repairs needed within that timeframe would be fully covered for free. Wondering if anyone else received this recently for their Passport? It also included a claim form for anyone that may have paid out of pocket for previous repairs to the system.

My car was manufactured in August of 2020 so I'm hoping it's after the newly designed MOST bus network connectors hit the assembly line--no issues so far and there's plenty of bumps I've hit around New England since I bought it.
I just received the same letter from Honda yesterday. It was just 2 weekends ago I had to have the connectors swapped out on my system because of the network lost issue. Totally covered under warranty and has been working flawlessly since.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I received the letter about the MOST bus network connector warranty extension. My Passport was #115 off the assembly line, but I've never had a problem with the audio system except for the center channel speaker wires not being connected or became loose. I discovered that a couple days after delivery and it was promptly taken care of.

In the meantime I'm hoping a repair for the faulty fuel pump becomes available soon. A fuel pump failure while driving could be a life ending disaster.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had to bring my 2020 PP touring model in twice to fix the MOST connector problem. During the 2nd fix the dealer found a connector to the sub woofer as the culprit. I heard the snapping sound twice in the sound system shortly after this 2nd repair, but its been 3 weeks now and no more issues....knock on wood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My speakers have started having the popping issue so I made an appointment for today (I am sitting at the dealer as I type this.) My letter about the warranty extension came in this week after I had already made the appointment, pretty good timing.

The dealer (Autonation Honda Dulles) is refusing to fix anything because the car "isn't showing a code." I have video proof of it popping, but it isn't popping as it sits in the service bay and it isn't showing a code so they won't do anything about it. They told me to come back when it is popping.

I have already logged a case with Honda.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ouch...my letter extending the warranty came this week. The popping will get worse, along the entire infotainment display going black. Best of luck. Mine is okay now...knock on wood.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rec'd our letter today, but we have never experienced a problem. But I don't think wife uses the audio system either, and I certainly never have the couple/few times I have driven it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The popping sound comes through the speakers regardless if the radio is on or off. The back camera, navigation, and all other features on the infotainment display will go dark.....If the problem occurs. It's very good that Honda acknowledged the problem and is allowing 5 years to fix it...if it occurs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My speakers have had a popping sound since the vehicle was new. But it only seems to happen during bluetooth phone calls and not with every call. So I assume they will not fix anything at this point. I still need to take it in for the first recall on the gauge control module!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I waited until it was constant, figuring they could troubleshoot better if they could clear the problem. It took 2 visits. My wife based on the sound thought it was a potential fire hazzard so she unlocked the doors and it temporarily cleared the problem. I'd ask the dealer if they can deduce the MOST connector problem if it's intermittent. If it is not more noticeable wait until it's more pronounced.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The popping sound comes through the speakers regardless if the radio is on or off. The back camera, navigation, and all other features on the infotainment display will go dark.....If the problem occurs. It's very good that Honda acknowledged the problem and is allowing 5 years to fix it...if it occurs.
Many thanks for that. Good to know (since we never use the radio/audio system).

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
106 Posts
I got the letter in today's mail. Not a single issue/problem so far...

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
I got my letter today and Honda decided to just address it to my brother (who doesn’t even live with me)!
His name is on the title so if I die he can have a cool paid for vehicle, but come on Honda...he didn’t even put a tank of gas in it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I waited until it was constant, figuring they could troubleshoot better if they could clear the problem. It took 2 visits. My wife based on the sound thought it was a potential fire hazzard so she unlocked the doors and it temporarily cleared the problem. I'd ask the dealer if they can deduce the MOST connector problem if it's intermittent. If it is not more noticeable wait until it's more pronounced.
I had TSB 20-058 performed at dealership in mid November 2020 (replaced FAKRA connectors). Flew to Florida January 5th (snowbirds) so Passport sat in garage from January till April 20th on battery tender. First drive and speaker cracking was back. Extended warranty isn’t that good, it tells me I better dump Passport before five years. I’ve been a Honda owner for thirty five years and this is my last one. Traded a 2012 Pilot in on Passport and now I wish I had it back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts