Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New EX-L with just over 200 miles. I noticed some vibration, mostly in the seat/body on the way home from the dealer on the freeway, so I took it in for a wheel balance check. They said one of the front was barely out and they fixed it. Usually that would be in the steering wheel, but whatever. He also said if it sat at their other dealer it was transferred from it could have flat spots on the tires that will work out. I still notice what feels like a cyclical vibration and almost a wobble when steering at around 45-55MPH as well. Is this just the transmission/drivetrain or the tires? It's still present even when coasting at these speeds. I've been driving Accords for 15+ years since my 96 Grand Cherokee, so an AWD SUV is a change but it seems like it should be a little smoother than it is on a smooth/flat road.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There should not be any sort of vibration/ wobble at any speed. I also have an AWD and it is smooth at all speeds on all types of roads.
Are you sure it is not the lane keeping system that is causing the wobble? It will shake the wheel if you get to close the lane markings. But this would be intermittent, not constant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should not be any sort of vibration/ wobble at any speed. I also have an AWD and it is smooth at all speeds on all types of roads.
Are you sure it is not the lane keeping system that is causing the wobble? It will shake the wheel if you get to close the lane markings. But this would be intermittent, not constant.
Nope, it's not the safety systems. We've had a couple Odysseys with those systems for a while, so I'm familiar with that. Guess I take it back to the dealer once again and tell them to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
Only vibrations I've experienced with my PP, is when listening to "Positive Vibrations" by Bob Marley...

I'd def. take it back to the dealer and if they say it's "normal" ask to test drive a new one on their lot...!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only vibrations I've experienced with my PP, is when listening to "Positive Vibrations" by Bob Marley...

I'd def. take it back to the dealer and if they say it's "normal" ask to test drive a new one on their lot...!
Yep, that was my next step. It just sucks to be dealing with this on a brand new $40k Honda. Oh, and it has the suspension clunk when backing down out of the driveway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make sure the tire pressure is set to the PSI on the driver side door jamb. They usually overinflated the tires for shipping purposes and sometimes the PDI tech doesn't lower it to spec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure the tire pressure is set to the PSI on the driver side door jamb. They usually overinflated the tires for shipping purposes and sometimes the PDI tech doesn't lower it to spec.
Yeah, I noticed they were all a few lbs high yesterday, so it's on my list to check this morning when they are cool. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts