Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 PP. I have a ScanGauge II connected and one of the gauges displayed is the VCM solenoid. I always drive in "D" mode. You are right in that VCM is rarely engaged while in "D" mode. When it does engage, usually under constant very light throttle or coasting, I would not know it was engaged w/o the ScanGauge showing. In other words, I can never feel it engage, and I am trying to feel it! From what I understand it never comes on when in "S" mode but I've never checked. I never drive in Econ mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply! I never use ECON mode either. I doubt I will ever use S mode as well. I guess I will hold off on buying/installing the S-VCM as this point.

I was thinking about installing the full towing package too, including the ATF cooler. But I saw your other posts and now have reservations about the cooler. I may just install the Hitch and wiring harness and try to avoid heavier loads. Unless the 2021 does not suffer the same shifting issues you had.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply! I never use ECON mode either. I doubt I will ever use S mode as well. I guess I will hold off on buying/installing the S-VCM as this point.

I was thinking about installing the full towing package too, including the ATF cooler. But I saw your other posts and now have reservations about the cooler. I may just install the Hitch and wiring harness and try to avoid heavier loads. Unless the 2021 does not suffer the same shifting issues you had.
"S" mode is handy when you want to take off in 1st gear. In "D" mode the PP always starts off in 2nd. One of the gauges i have displayed on the ScanGauge is gear. So I always know what gear the PP is in. Useful for climbing and descending grades and mountain roads either in "S" mode or using the paddles.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
869 Posts

Yo! Please share how you did that on your SCii!

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
869 Posts
Attached is a screen shot showing the Scangauge codes PANDA sent me to show what current gear is selected.
Thanks! You rock! Adding this today!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts