Honda Passport Forum banner

UPDATE: Dealer thought it might be transfer case, still had an issue, new transmission being installed this week.

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jayceegee 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, what a great forum with lots of info! I just bought a 2022 Passport today, all seemed well until we noticed tonight there's a clicking sound similar to when you'd put baseball cards on your bicycle tires, that same type of click click click sound. The dealer I purchased from is almost an hour away, I'll be calling them in the morning to see what's up, but does anyone on here have suggestions, experienced this? I also have a 2014 Pilot which i love and has no issues whatsoever, so this was a real shocker to have a new car with clicking sounds! (i even looked underneath the car hoping to figure out the cause, but no luck). Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

#2 ·
Welcome.
I'd guess that you have a rock stuck in your tire.
Where is the sound coming from? Which model did you buy?
Some owners (not many) have said that there is noise coming from the passenger side front foot well.

Reactions: Janizary
#6 ·
You don't get a three day "do over" when you buy a car.
It's best to test drive a few different Passports and eliminate the noisy ones that have soft braking or loose steering.
After you have it narrowed down to one Passport, ask if you can drive it for 200 miles over the weekend, without signing anything. If you sign anything, it is no longer a test drive.

Reactions: trina
#11 ·
UPDATE:
Dealer replaced Transfer Case, still heard sounds....now replacing transmission.
Hello everyone, what a great forum with lots of info! I just bought a 2022 Passport today, all seemed well until we noticed tonight there's a clicking sound similar to when you'd put baseball cards on your bicycle tires, that same type of click click click sound. The dealer I purchased from is almost an hour away, I'll be calling them in the morning to see what's up, but does anyone on here have suggestions, experienced this? I also have a 2014 Pilot which i love and has no issues whatsoever, so this was a real shocker to have a new car with clicking sounds! (i even looked underneath the car hoping to figure out the cause, but no luck). Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

#13 ·
Hello, I have the same issue with my 2022 Honda Passport. I explained it, exactly the same way as you did. Baseball card

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.