Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that a thing anymore? I hold on to my cars for a long time hence the 2007 Pilot. I am wondering if I should consider that at some point.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Modern vehicles do not have to be undercoated...It is a rip off by the dealers to get extra money.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Modern cars are made of galvanized steel with layer of zinc......Very unlikely to rust....Lots of info on this just google it.....Any dealer accessories have to be looked at with a jaundiced eye....either not really needed or are marked up to the stratosphere. I worked as a new car (Honda) salesman once..very short tenure...I still remember the sales manager calling us all into the room and drilling into us that these add ons are a money machine for the dealership and therefore for the commission earned by the salesmen.

·
Registered
170 Posts
One other thing..If you really want a particular dealer add on by it directly from the service dept...way cheaper.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I believe that under carriage wash often is better then any under coating. I had a 1999 Taurus for about 20 years without undercoating pertection, the car was worn out when I sold it but, the undercarriage was in good shape.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Be careful with non-factory undercoatings. Some are known to actually trap in moisture and cause more rust than without the coating itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts