Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite Platinum White Pearl, 2008 Pilot EXL (previously)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy Memorial Day forum family. This is a timely post for holiday BBQs.
Wondering how you transport a propane tank in your HPP?
I never found a way to do so in the cargo area so its secure from rolling around, neither in my PP or my Pilot that proceeded it.
So I secure it in the front passenger area using the seat belt, and a heavy towel to prevent scratches on the glove box. When cornering I can grab hold of the seat belt to hold it in place just in case.
I realize this this is not optimal. What you got forum? Thanks!
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle White Steering part
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
803 Posts
Use the storage area under the rear cargo floor... 1) open the rear cargo storage door, 2) place a towel across half of the rear-most storage bin, 3) place the propane tank on its side across the rear-most storage bin, 4) lay the cargo storage door on top of the propane tank. You can strap it down if necessary.

P.S. My wife's favorite summertime fruit is transported the same way... watermelon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy Memorial Day forum family. This is a timely post for holiday BBQs.
Wondering how you transport a propane tank in your HPP?
I never found a way to do so in the cargo area so its secure from rolling around, neither in my PP or my Pilot that proceeded it.
So I secure it in the front passenger area using the seat belt, and a heavy towel to prevent scratches on the glove box. When cornering I can grab hold of the seat belt to hold it in place just in case.
I realize this this is not optimal. What you got forum? Thanks!
View attachment 15063 View attachment 15064
I haven't transported any in my PP yet (I've had it a week) but in my previous SUV, a Buick Enclave, I'd lay tanks on their side on the floor between the front seats and the rear seats and scoot the back seats up to grip the tanks a little.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
431 Posts
And that thing should be strapped down. It is one hell of a heavy projectile, if God for bid you get an accident and that thing comes flying loose it will kill somebody. Put it in the cargo area and strap it down with good ratchet straps not a bungee cord.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts