Honda Passport Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
There was some speculation that the VCM could be the reason why the cruise control is so slow to speed up. Someone was going to install the suppressor and tell us if the cruise control improved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We recently purchased a 2021 AWD and planned to have the transmission cooler installed, for the additional towing capacity. That said, we do not have any immediate need for towing and would most likely never tow even 3,500 pounds.

My question for the folks on this thread is whether the issue still persists in newer installs, or if it has been addressed by Honda. We’re leaning toward not having the cooler installed as we don’t want to create a problem, and certainly not for the low likelihood of us ever towing higher weights. We could always change course later if we bought a small camper, etc.

I’d greatly appreciate any feedback people in the group can provide. Thank you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Interesting. .. How about on a smooth road, windows up, radio off. The noise usually occurs under gentle acceleration at the 7-8 upshot which is around 45-48 mph. It is a very slight vibration/ sound which can be. Felt in the gas pedal as well as heard. If not present in '21s, maybe Honda finally figured it out. If so, will they do a retro fix for older PPs?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Interesting. .. How about on a smooth road, windows up, radio off. The noise usually occurs under gentle acceleration at the 7-8 upshot which is around 45-48 mph. It is a very slight vibration/ sound which can be. Felt in the gas pedal as well as heard. If not present in '21s, maybe Honda finally figured it out. If so, will they do a retro fix for older PPs?
Interesting note.... I had read this post about the problems with the cooler and pasted up a deal with it installed and the hitch. I took an other without it and my 2020 has no noise or problems with transmission. Now the people that took the one with the dealer installed one have same issues as you....
Good luck on a fix, kind of like the head light high beams and ACC ......

·
Registered
2020 Honda Elite AWD & 2007 S2000 AP2
53 Posts
Maybe somebody should mount a GoPro below to watch if the oil lines are "studdering" when it shifts and making that noise? If that's what's happening then maybe a stiffer stainless steel oil line might fix the problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like the GoPro idea.
Not that any assistant/jr. mechanic would ever take a shortcut (lol), but filling the zf9-speed transmission is an exact science. Too little ATF will cause problems and too much ATF will cause problems.
ASE mechanics over see some jobs, but not all work. Shops usually have one, maybe two ASE mechanics and let the Porters and Detailers do most jobs, at $12/hr.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
435 Posts
I have a 2019 AWD and installed the ATF cooler myself and have yet to experience and issues. I also have not towed anything either.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts