Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the 2019 Elite PP with a little over 5,000 miles on the clock. Last night when driving home where I had been on the freeway for about an hour or so I exited. Came up to a red light not too far from home and all is well. I turn left and as soon as I start to accelerate the transmission light starts flashing and the car doesn't want to shift. It shaking pretty good and won't go over 45 and the rad I'm on is a 55 speed limit. I make it a mile or so down the road to my turn for my house all the while the car is shaking and not shifting. I have to go up a hill and the car won't go over 25 up the hill. I make it home and park the car. I shut off the engine for about 15 seconds and restart the car. No light flashing on the dash and it moved normally back and forth in the driveway. I haven't taken it back on the road yet. Anyone got a clue as to what this could be? I'll be contacting the dealer Monday morning to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Have the 2019 Elite PP with a little over 5,000 miles on the clock. Last night when driving home where I had been on the freeway for about an hour or so I exited. Came up to a red light not too far from home and all is well. I turn left and as soon as I start to accelerate the transmission light starts flashing and the car doesn't want to shift. It shaking pretty good and won't go over 45 and the rad I'm on is a 55 speed limit. I make it a mile or so down the road to my turn for my house all the while the car is shaking and not shifting. I have to go up a hill and the car won't go over 25 up the hill. I make it home and park the car. I shut off the engine for about 15 seconds and restart the car. No light flashing on the dash and it moved normally back and forth in the driveway. I haven't taken it back on the road yet. Anyone got a clue as to what this could be? I'll be contacting the dealer Monday morning to see what they have to say.
Ive heard of a few people dropping into neutral to where you can no longer accelerate at all, what you described sounds like a different issue. Hopefully it stored some codes for the dealer to see.

·
Registered
174 Posts
All car model forums (not only Honda & Acura) feature some variation of zf9 issue(s). Some go back years, some only days. Many have been claimed as "resolved" via software updates. On Mod Forums/Youtube, a transmission reset is to turn on ignition, foot off brake (do not want Start). Once ignition is on, foot on gas pedal full down for 30 seconds (and not less). Turn off ignition. Start car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am getting ready to take my new Passport on a 13 hour drive with the family to NC next week and I am feeling anxious now.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
I am getting ready to take my new Passport on a 13 hour drive with the family to NC next week and I am feeling anxious now.
What is your mileage and how long have you had it?
If you haven’t noticed issues you’ll likely be fine.

If you are still very new to your Passport, you’ll still likely be fine as well.
The odds of a major issue are rare.??

I bought my Passport in mid-April and two days later I left for 4 work trips of 300+miles to Vegas, Burbank, Ventura, San Jose, then eventually back home in August, and had no issues other than the break in period was annoying on a road trip and I didn’t know how to use some of the features!

Reactions: ErnieD2

·
Registered
60 Posts
What is your mileage and how long have you had it?
If you haven’t noticed issues you’ll likely be fine.

If you are still very new to your Passport, you’ll still likely be fine as well.
The odds of a major issue are rare.??

I bought my Passport in mid-April and two days later I left for 4 work trips of 300+miles to Vegas, Burbank, Ventura, San Jose, then eventually back home in August, and had no issues other than the break in period was annoying on a road trip and I didn’t know how to use some of the features!
I only have like 400 miles on it, so far. I sure hope so...

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
I only have like 400 miles on it, so far. I sure hope so...
At least you are really close on your break in period. My shop told me to get 500 miles at various speeds in, and not to keep it on cruise control for 300 miles or so at 70mph or so. That had to be the worst first trip I made. I drove from OC, CA to Vegas and everyone on the highway hated me, myself included!

You should be fine. The major issues have been so rare and many in the first pass in production.

Maybe look into finding a Honda shop midway and then near your final destination for anything urgent?

·
Registered
60 Posts
At least you are really close on your break in period. My shop told me to get 500 miles at various speeds in, and not to keep it on cruise control for 300 miles or so at 70mph or so. That had to be the worst first trip I made. I drove from OC, CA to Vegas and everyone on the highway hated me, myself included!

You should be fine. The major issues have been so rare and many in the first pass in production.

Maybe look into finding a Honda shop midway and then near your final destination for anything urgent?
Good advice. Thank you!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good advice. Thank you!
No transmission issues, 17k miles. My PP was #2800 off the line. Hopefully you wont have any of the same, EMJ, but a wise move would be to have dealers along your route.

Reactions: emj123

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can try this if dealer can't find anything wrong with it.
The title of the video: HOW TO RESET ACURA HONDA JERKY TRANSMISSION FIX LESS THAN 1 MINUTE TUTORIAL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts