Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I expect to pay for trailer hitch parts and installation for a 2019 passport elite?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealer quoted me right around $1k for the hitch, harness and transmission cooler. I have the EX-L though. I think there is an additional part needed for the hands free tailgates on the elite and touring which would increase the price a bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you use an Internet search for Honda Passport towing or trailer hitch you can find some of the parts and prices. I found the Honda Passport Elite trailer hitch and hitch cover $259.20, Wiring Harness $162.00, ATF Cooler kit $300.00 and Hands Free Adapter $79.20. I am not sure but I think the instructions said if you do not tow the maximum 5000 lbs and are under 3000 lbs you do not need the cooler. Also I think there is a different Honda part number for a lower trim. Take all this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you buy the OEM hitch, the parts counter guy said that it comes with the lower bumper cut out. I haven't bought it so I can not confirm it.
I did find the lower bumper cut out part number...08L92-TG7-1A030 for $29

Reactions: Motiv8e369

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
While I would appreciate the ability to tow with my PP I'm not gonna invest any money towards it. YMMV.
My two axle utility trailer, rated at 7000 pounds, is (by itself) over 1700 pounds (with brakes). I'll just use my truck.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
36 Posts
I live right down the road from College Hills Honda. They did the whole thing (hitch, relocation bracket, and wire harness) for $731 installed on my PP elite. The parts were ~$500 and the install was ~$200 + tax (no trans cooler). The hitch DOES come with the cut out lower valance that goes around the hitch, and now I have a extra gloss black one that I don't need. The whole install looks really nice and OEM quality. I'm glad I had them do it.

I thought $700 installed was high....definitely not worth $1000. I'd shop around.

·
Registered
78 Posts
20191207_084740[1].jpg
These are installed prices for all Passport accessories, each dealer will have slightly different prices. You have to ask for the price list otherwise some will inflate the prices even higher.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
388 Posts
I'm going to wait till after Christmas to see how the year end shakes out (bonus & bills). And I'll order everything through College Hills except the trans cooler. Primarily would like to have the hitch for a bike rack, but would be nice if I had to tow a light weight trailer hence the wiring harness. I would do the install myself.

Reactions: Cruiserjt

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to wait till after Christmas to see how the year end shakes out (bonus & bills). And I'll order everything through College Hills except the trans cooler. Primarily would like to have the hitch for a bike rack, but would be nice if I had to tow a light weight trailer hence the wiring harness. I would do the install myself.
I am with you on using it for a bike rack so I might just install the hitch and not the cooler or wiring harness. Have several other accessories to install first. Always scary doing installs on a vehicle that is only a few days old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I opted to have the tranny oil cooler installed by the dealer in order to preserve/maintain the warranty, just to be safe. Hitch, harness and tailgate relocation kit look pretty straightforward. Hardest part for me is dealing with the various attachment clips, or rather, not breaking them during removal/installation!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
During my negotiation, the last item I negotiated was the complete installation of the trailer hitch “package” for 5,000 lb. capability (hitch, wiring harness, trans cooler, hands free tailgate relocation bracket). They quoted a whopping $2,398...WOW! So I told him this was a deal breaker...then something amazing happened...Santa entered the negotiation and gave me an early Christmas present (actually, the GM) and so I agreed to pay for just the wiring harness and HF tailgate adapter bracket, $468. Santa took care of the rest. It’s being installed next week.

Thanks to all of the background on here, i got a great deal! I’m glad I read up before purchasing on Christmas Eve!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats on the $468 Tow Package. Here's a LINK update on Passport sales

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
TIP: If your dealer installs the wiring harness, My dealer is generally good about putting things back together properly, but a few weeks after my installation, I needed to lower the back seat backs for some cargo. Well, the right power seat back release worked, but not the left. Trip back to the dealer and after waiting 2 hours, Service Writer said it was all fixed. Installed neglected to plug the switch back in. Thanks to @P-A-N-D-A for pointing out that the left side rear cargo panel is where all of the wiring and control goes. I did check it today before leaving the dealer :oops:
Attention to detail...it happened one other time with my wife's Accord. They replaced a part in the console and forgot to plug in the seat heater buttons. For that one, I made them come to my house and pick it up. After it was fixed, they dropped it back off at my house. I guess I am a little kinder today...

·
Registered
3 Posts
During my negotiation, the last item I negotiated was the complete installation of the trailer hitch “package” for 5,000 lb. capability (hitch, wiring harness, trans cooler, hands free tailgate relocation bracket). They quoted a whopping $2,398...WOW! So I told him this was a deal breaker...then something amazing happened...Santa entered the negotiation and gave me an early Christmas present (actually, the GM) and so I agreed to pay for just the wiring harness and HF tailgate adapter bracket, $468. Santa took care of the rest. It’s being installed next week.

Thanks to all of the background on here, i got a great deal! I’m glad I read up before purchasing on Christmas Eve!

Do you have any buzzing that people are talking about online with the cooler being installed? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts