Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Towing receiver is included in the Elite package? I have been looking and cannot find any reference to adding a towing setup so I wondered if it is just included at all trim levels. Pictures I have seen all have it installed but am not sure if that is an option they added.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I was able to drive the Elite today and have to say it drove as well as I had hoped it would. (salesman could not answer my question about if towing was an add-on or not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Towing package isn't included in any trim, but I think it is in the "Adventure Package" accessory bundle (with the fender flares). Dealers will probably be putting a lot of these packages on the cars on their lots at first to drive the price up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BTW, I was able to drive the Elite today and have to say it drove as well as I had hoped it would. (salesman could not answer my question about if towing was an add-on or not.
Did you look to see if the elite had a ball receiver?
I am pretty sure the lower trims do not come towing ready. They are going to want to sell you the adventure package that includes tow harness/hitch. FWD 3500lbs. AWD 5000lbs. I believe they are all engine prepped to tow (cooler) just not hitch. hopefully you can just get them to add hitch for a somewhat reasonable price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still on the fence on these myself. It looked sharp overall. I would like to have seen the EX-L wheels as something to compare against

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did have the receiver but it is below zero today so i did not spend as much time looking around as i would have liked to.

Sound like adventure package might just be adding the wiring harness and flairs etc

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you look to see if the elite had a ball receiver?
I am pretty sure the lower trims do not come towing ready. They are going to want to sell you the adventure package that includes tow harness/hitch. FWD 3500lbs. AWD 5000lbs. I believe they are all engine prepped to tow (cooler) just not hitch. hopefully you can just get them to add hitch for a somewhat reasonable price.
The Trailer Hitch and Trailer Hitch Harness are listed as separate accessories, it should be possible to have the dealer order/install them:

https://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/releases/2019-honda-passport-press-kit#Accessories

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes.. Thanks That is what I was looking for. I missed that page before and it has a ton of good info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It does not come with the tow necessities . Adding the necessary accessories to tow 5000 lbs AWD costs almost $1500. I was told it was more expensive to add tow accessories to a touring or elite because of the under bumper lift gate sensor.

The Adventure package is almost 4 k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear but will have to wait to see how to figure a less expensive solution

·
Registered
152 Posts
I want too happy either. If you want 5000 lbs it has to be AWD and they have to put on the engine cooler Which is $500 MSRP. Then you add the hitch receiver and wiring harness. For a total $1500.

If you are looking to tow 3500 lbs I don't think you need the engine cooler.

I am sure an after market setup will become available. Around here you can get a hitch with wiring for around $350.

But it won't look nearly as good as Honda set up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tow hitch, 7 pin wiring harness and aux engine cooler are dealer installed extras. Was quoted 1695 installed. However you can order the parts from Honda Parts Now dot com for much less and hsve trailer or RV shop install to save $

·
Registered
16 Posts
Towing package isn't included in any trim, but I think it is in the "Adventure Package" accessory bundle (with the fender flares). Dealers will probably be putting a lot of these packages on the cars on their lots at first to drive the price up.
Adventure pkg is sharp. Includes hitch and wirimg harness but DOES NOT INCLUDE ATF COOLER. Be vigilant and negotiate this in your deal. Many dealers quote the tow pkg for $1500-1700, hitch, harness, atf cooler. Tow pkg doesn't come from factory like Jeeps

·
Registered
8 Posts
just added hitch, wiring, aux engine cooler and tsilgate kick opener adapter added to new car purchase for $1500. Going to get curt Bluetooth brake controller so can transfer easily if ever upgrade toe vehicle. With honda installing tow package its covered under warranty

·
Registered
363 Posts
Owners that have the ATF OEM cooler have reported tranny shifting issues.
I suspect that the installers did not warm the transmission up, between 104 & 117 degrees F, for the final top-off of fluid.
Our ZF9 tranny is sensitive to its fluid level, but maybe your installer followed the step by step instructions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed my own CURT hitch in 30 minutes this past weekend, alone, on a Sport model, so I did not have the foot opener to deal with. Hitch was $270 CDN. Wiring Harness was $70 CDN. I plan to haul about 1500-2000 pounds, so I have not yet committed to the cooler. This is an easy job for two people and not bad for one if you're willing to prop it up yourself as you work under it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts