Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Towing receiver is included in the Elite package? I have been looking and cannot find any reference to adding a towing setup so I wondered if it is just included at all trim levels. Pictures I have seen all have it installed but am not sure if that is an option they added.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I was able to drive the Elite today and have to say it drove as well as I had hoped it would. (salesman could not answer my question about if towing was an add-on or not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Towing package isn't included in any trim, but I think it is in the "Adventure Package" accessory bundle (with the fender flares). Dealers will probably be putting a lot of these packages on the cars on their lots at first to drive the price up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BTW, I was able to drive the Elite today and have to say it drove as well as I had hoped it would. (salesman could not answer my question about if towing was an add-on or not.
Did you look to see if the elite had a ball receiver?
I am pretty sure the lower trims do not come towing ready. They are going to want to sell you the adventure package that includes tow harness/hitch. FWD 3500lbs. AWD 5000lbs. I believe they are all engine prepped to tow (cooler) just not hitch. hopefully you can just get them to add hitch for a somewhat reasonable price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still on the fence on these myself. It looked sharp overall. I would like to have seen the EX-L wheels as something to compare against

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did have the receiver but it is below zero today so i did not spend as much time looking around as i would have liked to.

Sound like adventure package might just be adding the wiring harness and flairs etc

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you look to see if the elite had a ball receiver?
I am pretty sure the lower trims do not come towing ready. They are going to want to sell you the adventure package that includes tow harness/hitch. FWD 3500lbs. AWD 5000lbs. I believe they are all engine prepped to tow (cooler) just not hitch. hopefully you can just get them to add hitch for a somewhat reasonable price.
The Trailer Hitch and Trailer Hitch Harness are listed as separate accessories, it should be possible to have the dealer order/install them:

https://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/releases/2019-honda-passport-press-kit#Accessories

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes.. Thanks That is what I was looking for. I missed that page before and it has a ton of good info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It does not come with the tow necessities . Adding the necessary accessories to tow 5000 lbs AWD costs almost $1500. I was told it was more expensive to add tow accessories to a touring or elite because of the under bumper lift gate sensor.

The Adventure package is almost 4 k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear but will have to wait to see how to figure a less expensive solution

·
Registered
152 Posts
I want too happy either. If you want 5000 lbs it has to be AWD and they have to put on the engine cooler Which is $500 MSRP. Then you add the hitch receiver and wiring harness. For a total $1500.

If you are looking to tow 3500 lbs I don't think you need the engine cooler.

I am sure an after market setup will become available. Around here you can get a hitch with wiring for around $350.

But it won't look nearly as good as Honda set up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts