Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...the guy at the dealership called and said there are ZERO Touring in the modern steel anywhere in California. He does have an Elite. I haven't read up at all on this model. Pro's/Con's for The Elite?

·
Registered
506 Posts
With the Elite you get black wheels rather than gray. Also If I remember from memory... ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers, heated steering wheel. A couple of other things I can't remember right now. I considered an Elite, but couldn't justify the extra cost for the few extra features. The Modern Steel Metallic is a nice color. Strange they're so rare in California. Here is Oregon there are a few and a lot of black ones.

Reactions: rls002

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have to ask...rain sensing wipers??? :ROFLMAO:

I am hoping the dealer can help justify cost for not having any Touring models available...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just have to ask...rain sensing wipers??? :ROFLMAO:

I am hoping the dealer can help justify cost for not having any Touring models available...
I had a 2015 Lexus RX350 with rain sensing wipers. There was a sensor near the rear view mirror which detects rain drops on the windshield which controlled the intermittent speed of the wipers. I did NOT like that feature. It is on the Passport Elite as noted below.

Added features on the Elite (compared to the Touring)
  • Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4) all-wheel-drive system
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Perforated, heated and ventilated front seats
  • Auto-dimming, power-folding heated gloss black power side mirrors with integrated LED turn indicators

·
Registered
123 Posts
Definitely go the for the Elite. It’s so close to the Touring in price. What’s another $2,000 or so. We did not even consider the Touring because of the minor price difference with the Elite.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I could not justify the extra $2,000 or so since my phone is not capable of wireless charging (yeah my phone is several years old, but still works fine, don't want to pay for a newer model). I had rain sensing wipers on a Lexus and didn't like them (see previous post). Heated steering wheel and ventilated seats would be nice, but again not worth the extra $2,000 (front seats are heated in a Touring). I can push the button on the dash and fold in the mirrors when necessary. And finally I did not want black wheels (black wheels are standard on the Elite).

My Touring is AWD so I do have the "Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4) all-wheel-drive system:.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don’t like black wheels, Touring.

Reactions: gregc

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Definitely go the for the Elite. It’s so close to the Touring in price. What’s another $2,000 or so. We did not even consider the Touring because of the minor price difference with the Elite.
I felt the same way. Plus I wanted the ventilated front seats.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Coming from buying Audis and Land Rovers the last 20 years where the cost difference between trim levels is $5K to $7K, the extra $2K was fine. My dealer didn't have a modern steel touring either and was willing to go $1500 off once one came in. But they had an Elite modern steel on the lot and would do $2500 off that day. Done deal...Elite for me.

·
461 Posts
Great deal Paul and I think you made a great decision (I have the same too ?) love the auto dimming side mirrors as have them on the little lady’s car and it’s nice on the eyes ? now those rain sensing wipers I could do without and have never liked them in any vehicle, maybe some day they will figure it out ?...

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
It was not just a matter of cost or the prestige of getting the top of the line Passport, but as a card carrying member of the "Hate Gloss Black Rims" club - Honda made the choice for me!

Elite vs Touring features:
  • AWD (Got in w/my Touring)
  • Wireless phone charger (My phone charges thru the USB when plugged in for Apple Play)
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers (Having to reach over and turn the wipers on and off is not going to change my life significantly.)
  • Heated steering wheel (I'm in So. Cal. and can get some gloves if needed)
  • Perforated, heated and ventilated front seats (My wife's Lexus has AC -seats and we never use them, the Touring DOES have heated seats, which is all I need)
  • Auto-dimming, power-folding heated gloss black power side mirrors with integrated LED turn indicators (The Touring has all of that except the Heated & Auto Dimming which are two things I have never had in any car and don't need)
Hey Progirl: send you a PM...

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
No offense GoundsGood, but I do REALLY think that the Black Rims look way better on the White Passport!

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
No offense GoundsGood, but I do REALLY think that the Black Rims look way better on the White Passport!
Me too! Well, now. At first I wasn't at all crazy about the look, but I ended up cancelling my membership to the club and turning in my card. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Me too! Well, now. At first I wasn't at all crazy about the look, but I ended up cancelling my membership to the club and turning in my card. ;)
That's fine, but no refunds on your membership fees... (We've already "drank" that money anyway...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Also, don’t think it’s been mentioned but the black trim (window pillars, bumper and tailgate trim and more) are gloss vs matte black. I just liked it better and matched w the gloss black wheels.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts