Honda Passport Forum banner

Touch up paint

5268 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Memphis_Rea
Hi,
What are you guys using to touch up paint chips?
I have always used original Honda touch up paint consisting of two small bottles one base coat and one clear coat.
My touch ups always look like a blob of paint using the brush tip and the pen tip never seems to flow out.
So the one below is new to me.
It has everything needed in one bottle even a small sanding tip.
Anybody use one?
How did the small tip work out?
See less See more
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This works very well, just takes a little patience and time. OEM vehicle paint for the vehicle in question.
For the best touch up tip, simply use the paper end of a book of matches. When the tip starts to get tacky, throw it away and get a new one. An old body man taught me this years ago working for a Chevrolet Dealer. It works very well.
Reactions: 1
For the best touch up tip, simply use the paper end of a book of matches. When the tip starts to get tacky, throw it away and get a new one. An old body man taught me this years ago working for a Chevrolet Dealer. It works very well.
Sorry, that made little sense to me. Maybe the early 4th of July partying has something to do with it, but I doubt it.
Use the circled end of the match stick in the attached photo as your paint brush. When the paint starts drying on the end of the match stick, (Gets tacky) don't use it any more. Get a new match stick. Don't try to brush it, just dab it on the nick.

Attachments

See less See more
Put a drop of OEM paint from the OEM paint stick shown in post #1 in to this $15
for complete control, when filling the chip.
Put a drop of OEM paint from the OEM paint stick shown in post #1 in to this $15
for complete control, when filling the chip.
Except NEVER buy anything from Amazon
Except NEVER buy anything from Amazon
A picture of the item is available if you click the provided link.
It's just a cheap $15 paint tool, but I agree, don't buy something sight unseen, unless you can afford to absorb a 100% loss.
People buying cars on e-bay is crazy.
A picture of the item is available if you click the provided link.
It's just a cheap $15 paint tool, but I agree, don't buy something sight unseen, unless you can afford to absorb a 100% loss.
People buying cars on e-bay is crazy.
That was not my point at all. I literally wrote, "NEVER buy anything from Amazon." I did not mince words.
Doctor Colorchip. Watch the videos. I have used this on 3 cars and highly, highly recommend. No bumps when you are done.
Sorry, that made little sense to me. Maybe the early 4th of July partying has something to do with it, but I doubt it.
"old body shop guy" yeah. One way I suppose, if you want foreign material in your glob of paint on your $40k vehicle.

If you are serious about proper correcting without repainting. A nominal cost for maintenance.

This works very well, just takes a little patience and time. OEM vehicle paint for the vehicle in question.
This little tool makes sense to me. It seems as though you can keep dabbing paint until you fill the spot. I control the fill.
Anything with a brush for me, will look horrible.
The question for me is, will the pen point on the Honda touch up paint flow as needed like the mini cup pen in the video?
Like I said, the older ones never ever flowed for me.
Anybody try one?
This little tool makes sense to me. It seems as though you can keep dabbing paint until you fill the spot. I control the fill.
The question for me is, will the pen point on the Honda touch up paint flow as needed like the mini cup pen in the video?
Anybody try one?
I've never had an issue with it. You fill the little reservoir with a paint and start filling. It's gravity fed. Do pay close attention to cleaning though as it is easy to clog if not cleaned completely.
Anybody try one?
Yes, I have used the Honda pen with good results on my son's Accord. With 20k miles on my PP I luckily do not have a single chip. I found with the Honda pen you have to press it up and down repeatedly on something like a small piece of cardboard to make sure it is flowing then apply on the chip. Sometimes you have to let the paint dry and then apply addtl. times. I always build it up higher then use different methods to get it even.
I also agree with dr.colorchip works great!
That was not my point at all. I literally wrote, "NEVER buy anything from Amazon." I did not mince words.
The reason being...?
Doctor Colorchip. Watch the videos. I have used this on 3 cars and highly, highly recommend. No bumps when you are done.
I also agree with dr.colorchip works great!
^this
X3 on Dr color chip
Yes, I have used the Honda pen with good results on my son's Accord. With 20k miles on my PP I luckily do not have a single chip. I found with the Honda pen you have to press it up and down repeatedly on something like a small piece of cardboard to make sure it is flowing then apply on the chip. Sometimes you have to let the paint dry and then apply addtl. times. I always build it up higher then use different methods to get it even.
Thank you for letting me know.
I bought a tube of this in Modern Metallic off of Amazon last week, got it in a couple of days. Worked out just fine for me.
When I checkout the aforementioned Dr. Colorchip for my Platinum White Pearl (Tricoat) it seems to be missing the pearl coat? Anyone with a stormtrooper PP have any recommendations? I found touchupdirect.com has something that includes the "midcoat" which I assume is the pearl.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.