Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and I don't really know anything about cars :)

I've lived in Manhattan my whole life so I never needed my own car to get around the town but I'm about to get married and I want to lease a 2019 Honda passport as my first car. I visited a few dealerships this week and I still feel a bit overwhelmed. They all gave me different prices & fees.

Today, a friend of mine recommended to shop online and that's how I found this amazing site!

I also found this deal online($177/month for 42 months & $2,995 down). They're fairly close to me and the price they're offering is less than half of what other dealerships have offered me. This seems too good to be true so I wanted to ask you guys first before I go there this weekend.

Is there anything I should watch out for when I go there this weekend and are there any fees in this deal that I shouldn't have to pay for?

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: Couldn't post the link since this is my first post.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Seems like there may be more to the story. If you add up everything, you’d pay about $10,500 over 3 1/2 years. That probably wouldn’t cover the depreciation on the Passport. What about mileage limits.
you know the old line, if it seems to good to..............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like there may be more to the story. If you add up everything, you’d pay about $10,500 over 3 1/2 years. That probably wouldn’t cover the depreciation on the Passport. What about mileage limits.
you know the old line, if it seems to good to..............

Thank you very much for your response & input, mcrimm.

I have sent them an email last night, requesting more information about this 'Featured' lease special. I informed them that I already test drove one and asked for an estimate/final price(ALL additional fees & taxes included). Well, it's already 7:30 pm here and still haven't heard back from them and I doubt I'll hear from them again.

The funny thing is when I first showed interest in this deal, they called and emailed me non-stop. As soon as I asked for the final price, that all stopped lol

I know I'm naive in this case but I still can't believe that a big dealership like them would pull something like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been shopping around for the best lease deal and they're all asking above well above $350/month, $3,000 down, 36 months & 10,000 miles.

Too bad because I really love the look of this car but I think I'm going to end up getting a Lexus RX 350 F-Sports for $389/month, $3,500 down, 36 months & 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My brother has the Lexus RX and it's a great car. We don't have a Lexus dealer anywhere close to us so I went with the Honda. Given the choice however.............Lexus
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would check out Lease Hacker Forum. It provides a lot of insight into getting a great lease deal. One item to note for leases is that you should never put money down. If the car is totaled, you are out of that down payment versus if you just paid a higher monthly fee and it is totaled, gap insurance covers you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts