Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Passport Elite AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first AWD vehicle and its time for regular service including tire rotation. It’s a ‘19 Elite w/14K miles. Has anyone paid attention to which corners tires wear out fastest, front or back?
My last rotation was 8500mi, I’m assuming movement was front to rear, but after 5K+ miles the front tires still show more tread than the rear. With my past experience I expected front to wear faster and the tread depth to even out, this doesn’t seem to be happening.
I don’t tow anything and drive predominately suburban streets.

· Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
449 Posts
If you're rotating your tires regularly they should all wear out evenly. That being said if, hypothetically, you never rotate your tires the front tires would always wear out more quickly due to bearing more weight and the impact of being steer tires.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
The fronts will wear slightly faster.

Tires (not specialized tires like the Nitto Neo Gen-you know who you are) wear more on the inside and if you do not cross them they will constantly wear on the inside.

When you pay to have tire tires rotated you need to request "rotate and cross", mark the 2 on the driver's side (before you drop the car off) and verify that only 1 of the 2 marked tires remain on the driver's side.

· Registered
920 Posts
The fronts will wear slightly faster.

Tires (not specialized tires like the Nitto Neo Gen-you know who you are) wear more on the inside and if you do not cross them they will constantly wear on the inside.

When you pay to have tire tires rotated you need to request "rotate and cross", mark the 2 on the driver's side (before you drop the car off) and verify that only 1 of the 2 marked tires remain on the driver's side.
I notice Honda likes to dial some Camber both front and rear so the inside always wear a little faster. But rotating tires properly will help with side to side wear of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts