Honda Passport Forum banner

Tight visors

3032 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  HondaN600
My 2020 has the tightest visors of any car that I’ve ever owned.
The passengers is even slightly tighter than the drivers side.
Normal?
Just wondering.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Honda makes some of the WORST Visors of any vehicle manufacturer. I went thru 5 or 6 when I had my 80's Prelude and have replaced BOTH sides in my 2019 Passport.

Tight is not normal, but is typical for Honda's crappy design!

Both mine were replaced under warranty, (which expired March 6), so I'm on my own going forward...
Reactions: 1
Honda makes some of the WORST Visors of any vehicle manufacturer. I went thru 5 or 6 when I had my 80's Prelude and have replaced BOTH sides in my 2019 Passport.

Both mine were replaced under warranty, (which expired March 6), so I'm on my own going forward...
What was your reason for having them replaced?
Mine both tightened up more and more until they did not go all the way up and moving them was super hard and required both hands...
Mine both tightened up more and more until they did not go all the way up and moving them was super hard and required both hands...
Ah ok, so Honda recognized this issue and replaced them for you?
If yes, how long after you noticed it?
We need to use two hands as well.
Honda makes some of the WORST Visors of any vehicle manufacturer.
^This.

It seems to be hit or miss on our Hondas over the years.

• My 1985 Accord Si visors just fell apart, working their way out of the roof. Replaced, repeat. Junk.
  • My 2006 Civic Si Coupe was typical for the first round of 8th gen civics: The visors would detonate at the plastic swivel when adjusting up or down when the weather turned hot. There was a mega thread of that garbage over on 8th civic.
  • My 2008 Ridgeline was okay to swing and adjust, but man, getting it out of and back in to the little snap was a exercise in brute strength. I usually just left it flopping as I figured I was going to break that little plastic clip at some point.

Our 2001 Civic Sedan, 2005 Pilot, 2009 Civic Sedan, 2013 Pilot, 2013 Fit, and 2015 Accord Sedan visors have all been fine (though I still hate the 2013 Fit's ridiculous visors that block nothing).

No input yet on my wife's new 2022 CRV...and just waiting to see how bad my 21 Pilot visors will get. Sigh.
See less See more
Honda always stays faithful to it's part suppliers, that is good but I wish it would wield the big stick on the suppliers turning out sub par parts year after year.

Just curious how often are you using the visors and is there a variable like temperature that makes this worse? I haven't had trouble on the Passport (yet) at 26k miles but I'm not doing a lot of driving into the sun either. Neither of my Accords had issues for the life of the car and I used the visors more often then.

How do they usually fail? Is there any preventative thing that can be done besides not using them?

The visor part did seem cheap when I had it off for the headliner sound deadening project. The design seems really out of date, a lot like Honda climate controls.
Just curious how often are you using the visors and is there a variable like temperature that makes this worse? I haven't had trouble on the Passport (yet) at 26k miles but I'm not doing a lot of driving into the sun either. Neither of my Accords had issues for the life of the car and I used the visors more often then.

How do they usually fail? Is there any preventative thing that can be done besides not using them?

The visor part did seem cheap when I had it off for the headliner sound deadening project. The design seems really out of date, a lot like Honda climate controls.
I use mine a lot, flipping them down, moving them side to side and previously every time I put up my old sunshade, I now try to move them daintily some that may extend their life, plus I got different sun shades that stay in play sans the Visor, so that also should extend the life...

And yes, (obviously) if one does not use them, they should last forever...

Cheers!
Thanks stevenD
I'll be bringing this up next time I go to the shop.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.