Honda Passport Forum banner

Thumb Drive

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Brick Brave 
#1 ·
I am new here and only had my Passport a few days. I really like it except for the issue when playing music from USB thumb drive. Every time I start my passport it goes through " initialization". This can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. And it does it every time. The same jump drive worked perfectly in my 2019 CRV. Any ideas?

#4 · (Edited)
The internal memory is around +/- 8 GB. Which for me wasn't really enough so I would usually insert my 128 GB thumb drive for stored music. Apparently, I had the internal memory close to being maxed out. Along with the notice that I had an OTA software update, I also received a notice that my system was low on memory. So before I did the update I removed all my music files from storage.

Question Imracefan, are you leaving the thumb drive in the USB port all the time. The reason I ask is because I think the internal system is looking at the thumb drive as a boot drive when the Passport is started and scanning it for possible information. I'm no computer wizard by any stretch of the imagination but I have read previous posts where people have hooked up a key board to the USB in order to perform a Control-Alt-Delete command to restart the system because of other issues with the infotainment system. Also read where there have been issues when a cell phone has been hooked up prior to starting the vehicle, particularly with i-phones. Just my 2 cents.

#6 ·
I find no issue plugging in iPhone before or after I start up.
Only 8GB? Seems like more, I put a few hundred audio files in there and I think it showed less than 50% full (if that was a gauge of space) but so no #s as to how much was what.
I agree with above that it will look at that chip for info and that can take extra time.

#7 ·
LOL, I have a Samsung S8 and don't have any issues either, plus no infotainment issues past or present. Maybe it was something I read about Maze and iPhones....? :unsure:

#9 ·
I have a little over 315 CDs ripped and stored on my desktop computer in mp3 format. All kept under Music with in file explorer. From there I just drag and drop each CD file onto my 128GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide thumb drive. When I insert my thumb drive and select USB from the head unit display I just select shuffle and I have over 4,000 audio files (songs) to listen to.

Reactions: stevenD and Kfitz
#12 ·
Anyone else having issues playing Playlists in order when using Thumb Drives? I spent about 4 days researching the problem and finally got Playlists working in the order that I want. I created a Python script that uses the eyed3 library for accessing AudioFile tags and set each name with the prefix A_01, A_02, etc. for the first folder, then B_01, B_02, etc. for the second folder. I then created a matching .m3u file that also contains the prefixes to define each Playlist.

Attachments

#13 ·
Anyone else having issues playing Playlists in order when using Thumb Drives? I spent about 4 days researching the problem and finally got Playlists working in the order that I want. I created a Python script that uses the eyed3 library for accessing AudioFile tags and set each name with the prefix A_01, A_02, etc. for the first folder, then B_01, B_02, etc. for the second folder. I then created a matching .m3u file that also contains the prefixes to define each Playlist. View attachment 11613 View attachment 11614
Anyone else having issues playing Playlists in order when using Thumb Drives? I spent about 4 days researching the problem and finally got Playlists working in the order that I want. I created a Python script that uses the eyed3 library for accessing AudioFile tags and set each name with the prefix A_01, A_02, etc. for the first folder, then B_01, B_02, etc. for the second folder. I then created a matching .m3u file that also contains the prefixes to define each Playlist. View attachment 11613 View attachment 11614
One other note: Be sure to remove track# information or the songs with no track information will play first and then track#1 songs, track#2 songs (kind of screws up the listening order).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.