Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m setting here with my Ipad communicating on a NEW Passport forum, as a New member, about our new Passports, to me that is sooo cool..
I have been into Muscle cars my whole life and I had to give it up because of my age “66”!
Now I have a new passion for a vehicle that is marketed for the 35 year old males, it gives me the spark again, I started to set up my garage for the new arrival.
Life is good!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gary,
Like you, I am an OLD muscle car guy. I really like cars and appreciate good engineering. Have driven Hondas since 1988.
I hope the Passport appeals to a broad spectrum and not just us old guys.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm just a hair older than you, Gary, and I've been a car guy all my life - lucky enough to have retained a few sporty toys in my retirement. (Doubly lucky to have a five-car garage! ;))

Although I've owned a wide variety of vehicles over the years, I've had at least one Honda vehicle since 1974:

175 motorcycle
350 motorcycle
350/4 motorcycle
750/F motorcycle
1980 Civic
1992 Accord
2000 Acura TL
2014 Acura RDX

(Reads like a Honda ad, doesn't it. Now I just need a Honda jet plane.)

Next up will either be a Passport or an RDX. (I'm leaning towards the Passport.)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary,
Like you, I am an OLD muscle car guy. I really like cars and appreciate good engineering. Have driven Hondas since 1988.
I hope the Passport appeals to a broad spectrum and not just us old guys.
I think the auto manufactures got into a rut, this Passport has Style and a Toughness to it, the sound is intoxacating. They got the stance of a vehicle that wants you “lunch money” . I feel they are going to hit the ball out of the park with this vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Getting to the bikes, my first was a 67 Honda 50. Still have the bill of sale. I worked hard for the 311 dollars that it costs. Then had 160, 450, then went to dirt bikes and had a procession of XR's and CR's. Always good equipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gary, I agree with you. 65, always a car guy, but the excitement of a new car always hits me. Picked up new elite lunar silver this morning. It’s exactly what I have been looking for. I am like a kid at Christmas. Hope all enjoy their new rides as much as me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gary, I agree with you. 65, always a car guy, but the excitement of a new car always hits me. Picked up new elite lunar silver this morning. It’s exactly what I have been looking for. I am like a kid at Christmas. Hope all enjoy their new rides as much as me.
Congrats. I'm considering either the silver or the gray. Need to see both in person.

I love a nice silver, but they all don't look that great to me. How would you rate the Passport's?

What color interior did you get?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Black interior. Personally, I liked the silver with all the contrasting black trim and wheels. If not for the contrast, I would think it would be a little boring. I also considered a gray one, which I saw but was too dark in total for me, but I didn’t hate it, just liked the lighter color

·
Super Moderator
1,133 Posts
I'm old too and have loved cars since I was a kid, I like the Gray and will probably get that one. A reap of the Honda's I have owned:
Late 60's Honda MC 50 (White w/gas tank under the seat)
Late 60's Honda MC 90 Scrambler? (Black with an upswept tailpipe)
1978 Accord Hatchback (Silver - bought used)
1985 Prelude (Bought new, Dark Gray, awesome car, had for 10 years+)
1994 Accord EX (My wife bought this before I met her, I drove it for a few years)
2016 Accord Sport (Bought for my Daughter, but I'm driving it until she returns from College in May and that is when I'm hoping to buy:
2019 Passport Touring (Steel Gray AWD)

Cheers!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getting to the bikes, my first was a 67 Honda 50. Still have the bill of sale. I worked hard for the 311 dollars that it costs. Then had 160, 450, then went to dirt bikes and had a procession of XR's and CR's. Always good equipment.
Boy o boy you do like you’re motorcycles, you drove the best of the best in my opinion!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a lunar silver HR-V, it is a great color. It changes colors under different light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts