Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm used to cars with this feature that turn on when no car is oncoming. I set it but I don't see it turn on. Is there a setting for it? My car says the high beam with the A on but yet to see it.
Mine always worked fine until they completed the recall where they pull part of the dash, I think it was a memory problem. When I read the manual, it stated when at 45mph and over and at dark pull the light stick back (like when flashing the high beams) and hold for 4 seconds and it began to work again. Might look at that if all else does not work. (PS: I got those instructions out the the 600+ page PDF download manual.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine always worked fine until they completed the recall where they pull part of the dash, I think it was a memory problem. When I read the manual, it stated when at 45mph and over and at dark pull the light stick back (like when flashing the high beams) and hold for 4 seconds and it began to work again. Might look at that if all else does not work. (PS: I got those instructions out the the 600+ page PDF download manual.)
that was how I got my working again. Now I know how to reset the system

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite
9 Posts
It is pretty dark where I live and mine will come on all the time....when I get at about 45 MPH. On my wife's accord they come on at much lower speed. All I can figure is because the PP sits higher maybe you can/are supposed to see better? That's my very non technical thought.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
36 Posts
The book says 45 mph. So unless you can reprogram the ECU; it'll be 45. If you CAN reprogram it, many on here would want that too!

·
Registered
330 Posts
It is pretty dark where I live and mine will come on all the time....when I get at about 45 MPH. On my wife's accord they come on at much lower speed. All I can figure is because the PP sits higher maybe you can/are supposed to see better? That's my very non technical thought.
Another non technical thought, at speeds up to 45 mph if you headlights are working properly you cannot out driver your low beam headlight. At higher speeds you can outdrive your low beam headlights, but then at those higher speeds you should not be driving on the average city streets.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts