Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm used to cars with this feature that turn on when no car is oncoming. I set it but I don't see it turn on. Is there a setting for it? My car says the high beam with the A on but yet to see it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you see the A it is set to go but it rarely works for me unless I'm in the middle of nowhere. There are threads about it not activating due to road signs. If you don't see the A turn them off and put back into auto mode until you see the A. Either way, I love the low beams compared to the ones I had on my Ridgeline.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you see the A it is set to go but it rarely works for me unless I'm in the middle of nowhere. There are threads about it not activating due to road signs. If you don't see the A turn them off and put back into auto mode until you see the A. Either way, I love the low beams compared to the ones I had on my Ridgeline.
See I did. The A is always there but doesnt seem to light up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These only come on when it’s totally dark outside. Road lights will not allow them to come on. Mine only work when I’m in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
63 Posts
I love my Passport, but the auto high beams blow. They work well in my wife's '17 Sienna and they worked well in my '19 Accord, so I know the tech works, but the system in the Passport is subpar. In fact, the entire Honda Sensing suite was WAY better in my Accord than it is in the Passport.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you getting up to 45 mph? That is the minimum speed for the auto high beams.

Are you on a road with street lights?

Are the oncoming vehicles or are you closely following a vehicle?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Forget it - the ‘feature’ just plain sucks.

Reactions: Steveg203 and Hubb

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you getting up to 45 mph? That is the minimum speed for the auto high beams.

Are you on a road with street lights?

Are the oncoming vehicles or are you closely following a vehicle?
This is correct. Auto high beams will only turn on at 45mph.

I do not understand why Honda made this change. My 2016 Honda Accord definitely turned high beams on at much lower speeds.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
36 Posts
It is true that the won't work till you hit 45 mph. We also have an '18 CR-V Touring and they work at about 25....
Don't have a clue why the Passport has to hit 45...

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
63 Posts
It is true that the won't work till you hit 45 mph. We also have an '18 CR-V Touring and they work at about 25....
Don't have a clue why the Passport has to hit 45...
Weird choice by Honda. They activate at 20mph in our Sienna.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts
It amazes me how Honda can be spot on with my wife's 2018 CRV with regards to the auto high beams, ACC, and some other techie items but a compete misfire with my 2019 PP. It's not like they don't have it figured out.... :unsure:

Reactions: Moab Junky and Hubb

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
63 Posts
It amazes me how Honda can be spot on with my wife's 2018 CRV with regards to the auto high beams, ACC, and some other techie items but a compete misfire with my 2019 PP. It's not like they don't have it figured out.... :unsure:
Same for the current generation of Accord. The Sensing suite was actually quite good. I was shocked when I traded my '19 Accord on a '20 Passport that the driver aides don't function nearly as well, despite the Passport being a year newer and upwards of $10k more expensive.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its about the generations. CRV and Accord are newer generations relative to the Passport/Pilot/Ridgeline so their stuff is the latest and greatest. I wouldn't expect too much from Honda until the next generation. After coming from my Ridgeline which had awful headlights, I don't see what the big deal is with the high beams, you can always turn them on manually. The Sensing is a problem though with way too many brake warnings. I didn't expect it to be this bad. That's why consumers have to be weary of manufacturer offerings. Just because they check a box doesn't mean that there is successful execution of those options.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts
Its about the generations. CRV and Accord are newer generations relative to the Passport/Pilot/Ridgeline so their stuff is the latest and greatest. I wouldn't expect too much from Honda until the next generation. After coming from my Ridgeline which had awful headlights, I don't see what the big deal is with the high beams, you can always turn them on manually. The Sensing is a problem though with way too many brake warnings. I didn't expect it to be this bad. That's why consumers have to be weary of manufacturer offerings. Just because they check a box doesn't mean that there is successful execution of those options.
I will agree with you on this but, I believe a good amount of the shortcomings with the Passport could be corrected with software updates.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've owned my Passport for a year and a half and the auto high beams have only come on once.

At least I know they work. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm so jealous, now if only your auto engine shut-off would break, you'd be the luckiest one here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine used to work a couple of months ago. Now it seems like the feature nevers turns on...I try to reset the switch and see if that changes it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine used to work a couple of months ago. Now it seems like the feature nevers turns on...I try to reset the switch and see if that changes it.
Just put rag over the little bump in the front center of the dashboard, That's the sensor. You will know if they work or not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will agree with you on this but, I believe a good amount of the shortcomings with the Passport could be corrected with software updates.
Shows Honda's arrogance. This is not a build quality issue and if it's something so simple as software shame on Honda. My wife has a 2015 CRV Touring and I'm amazed that the sensing system has gotten worse in terms of false alarms. Still, if it saves us all will be forgiven.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts