Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Exactly what happened to me
Bait and switch
Hoping to get you excited enough to ignore a few hundred here..a few hundred there.. accessories they "have no choice" about installing etc.. the whole biz model stinks to hell

Registered
Check around the country if your local stealerships aren't playing nice. Our dealer in Omaha, Ne. has always been great to deal with & I've never heard anyone mentions them selling above MSRP or adding expensive packages to force you to pay through the nose. Maybe it's worth a Fly & Drive for some of you folks out on the Coasts. It's only a 15 minute drive from Eppley Airfield...
Honda Cars of Bellevue | New & Used Honda Dealer in NE
BTW, I noticed they have a Trailsport in Sonic Gray. Ask for Dave...

Registered
That stinks. Definitely very prevalent around here, too, unfortunately.
Isnt it funny how car dealers raise their prices by thousands of dollars because of supply chain, but when other industries do it, it鈥檚 frowned upon. Summer heat comes around and the hardware store raises its prices on fans or A/C units, snow storm price of chains goes up or even Ma and Pa owned gas stations lowering their prices to compete with Costco/Sam鈥檚 club with all the other stations not approving.

Dealers are scum, imagine any other business raising or lowering their prices on whether a person knows the game or not. I remember buying my wife her car years ago, which was our third new car from that dealer. We sat down and started the game and he came back with $500 below MSRP, I told him he鈥檇 have to do much better because the price he just quoted me is the same price he鈥榙 give anyone walking through that door, where鈥檚 the customer loyalty ? So after about another thirty minutes we got her car at $500 over Invoice ($7000 saving no B.S.) and they even threw in a extended warranty. The exact same scenario happened with my PP purchase, the old 鈥淚鈥檓 a three-peat customer鈥 line saved me $4000 on my PP. They really don鈥檛 care whether you鈥檙e a repeat customer or not because most salesman will be at a different dealership within the year.

Premium Member
I bought my Trailsport through Rudolph Honda in El Paso TX, (I've bought 4 cars from them in the last 10 yrs,) the sticker on the 2022 Honda Passport Trail sport in sonic grey was 44K I basically paid 3K over it, MAP. I put money down in April, got it in July

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Side note I went through Costco and got about 7K off sticker price!
7K off which sticker .... ?

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Font Trunk

Suggest ya' rush out & buy a Mega-Millions lottery ticket, cause virtually ALL other 2022 Passport buyers fit into these categories:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts