Honda Passport Forum banner

The Official Obsidian Blue Pearl Thread

51K views 78 replies 40 participants last post by  DBarnettMonroe 
#1 ·
Post and discuss Passports in Obsidian Blue Pearl.

#5 ·
I agree. Since I much prefer the black interior, I have ruled out some exterior colors that I would otherwise consider (for the Touring trim).

#8 ·
The Elite model is where it is at for those of us with disposable income and do not need a third row. l can look past the bland gray seats but not those black wheels. It is all a matter of personal taste. If I were to buy an Elite model then I would install the accessory wheels or try to get a set of the Touring model wheels as a trade.

#12 ·
Is this color as hard to keep clean as I'm thinking it would be? Does it require washing it fairly often?

(I think I already know the answers but figured I'd ask anyway! :))
No, not really. We have a OB CRV and no garage in VA. I use a wash detergent with wax in it and it has great shine.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sport utility vehicle

#15 ·
Any proper hand washing technique takes a lot of time and to be honest isn't worth doing for the average person that's always busy. In that case I found that getting a good detailer to seal the paint and follow it up with their meticulous hand washes make paint finish like this stay looking brand new!

#22 ·
Wow, now that looks good and the silver wheels look so much better than black wheels.

Reactions: CGM66047
#24 ·
I know its been answered that hand wash is very easy for this color. How about anybody run it thru the wash yet? I had a 16 truck with similar color and it was fine thru a wash. Ive read on other forums some brands tend to leave hideous swirl marks. I'm lazy in my ole age. I have Hundreds in paint correction gear and compounds waxes etc but I haven't washed my 18 one single time (by hand) pay 20 a month for unlimited washes.
Anyway, you all think with a proper paint sealer and wax will it be swirl free? Thanks

#26 ·
Our CRV was the same color and I hand washed it most of the time. It went thru an automatic wash occasionally when in VA and MN the salt crust needed to be removed. There were some of the micro scratches visible in bright sunlight, but other than that the finish looked great after 15 months of ownership. I'm planning on using a hybrid wax sealer on it and my 12 Accord to see if that helps.

She Who Must Be Obeyed is thrilled with it! She liked the power and seat height of her old Odyssey and this fits that bill. I haven't seen it yet, as we bought it in FL completely over the phone, email and text and I am still in VA (those Army assignments, you know), but will give it the once over this weekend.

#29 ·
Running boards, body side moldings, moonroof visor, splash guards

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.