Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I do wish Honda offered the black interior with more exterior color options. Apparently Canada gets Blue/Black and we only get Blue/Grey.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I do wish Honda offered the black interior with more exterior color options. Apparently Canada gets Blue/Black and we only get Blue/Grey.
I agree. Since I much prefer the black interior, I have ruled out some exterior colors that I would otherwise consider (for the Touring trim).

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my eyes it is clearly a beautiful color. Honda just has to let us choose our interior color. An espresso color type of interior color would also be stunning with the obsidian blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Elite model is where it is at for those of us with disposable income and do not need a third row. l can look past the bland gray seats but not those black wheels. It is all a matter of personal taste. If I were to buy an Elite model then I would install the accessory wheels or try to get a set of the Touring model wheels as a trade.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Elite model is where it is at for those of us with disposable income and do not need a third row. l can look past the bland gray seats but not those black wheels. It is all a matter of personal taste. If I were to buy an Elite model then I would install the accessory wheels or try to get a set of the Touring model wheels as a trade.
Your right. That is why the Passport needs a Black Edition. Most people don't want all that black dumped off on them. The Pilot Elite looks nice without it, and has nice body colored mirrors to.

·
Super Moderator
849 Posts
Is this color as hard to keep clean as I'm thinking it would be? Does it require washing it fairly often?

(I think I already know the answers but figured I'd ask anyway! :))

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is this color as hard to keep clean as I'm thinking it would be? Does it require washing it fairly often?

(I think I already know the answers but figured I'd ask anyway! :))
No, not really. We have a OB CRV and no garage in VA. I use a wash detergent with wax in it and it has great shine.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_639.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not as often as i should with the salt here! I try to hand wash more often than not but sometimes its just too cold.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not as often as i should with the salt here! I try to hand wash more often than not but sometimes its just too cold.
Any proper hand washing technique takes a lot of time and to be honest isn't worth doing for the average person that's always busy. In that case I found that getting a good detailer to seal the paint and follow it up with their meticulous hand washes make paint finish like this stay looking brand new!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Any proper hand washing technique takes a lot of time and to be honest isn't worth doing for the average person that's always busy. In that case I found that getting a good detailer to seal the paint and follow it up with their meticulous hand washes make paint finish like this stay looking brand new!
That's true, to an extent. Using the high quality washes, etc, can make a difference without the heavy detailing. Will be trying out one of the spray hybrid wax/sealers on my 12 Accord to see if that helps improve that finish.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's true, to an extent. Using the high quality washes, etc, can make a difference without the heavy detailing. Will be trying out one of the spray hybrid wax/sealers on my 12 Accord to see if that helps improve that finish.
Not to thread jack, [begin thread jack] since mine isn't Obsidian Blue, but I'm taking mine in on Monday for full tint, tail light smoke, and ceramic coating of the paint. I'll be interested to see how that ceramic coating turns out and how keeping it clean is going forward. [/end thread jack]

·
Registered
251 Posts
So we made the decision on the OB touring AWD, same as our CRV above. Will post pics once my wife picks it up and I have a chance to get to FL to see it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts