Honda Passport Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
You are exactly right, this is in Lincoln Park...lol
Well it's a small world after all! You have got to be kidding!!! 209 Comly Rd Apt F-2, I left there in '90 and moved to Charlotte NC. I can remember the police using their PA to tell people in the middle of the night to move their vehicles and belongings to higher ground. The water would come up from the storm drains and flood and just keep rising. I remember a little convenience store that had a water line painted on the side of the building showing how deep the water was when a dam got accidentally opened much earlier on before I lived there. It was something like 7 feet. :oops:

Reactions: Bolabeyo

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
Odd, have no idea why that double posted...

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
Tinted the front windows to match the factory tint today!
I’ve never had front side windows tinted before, and am considering it. Is it much harder to see out the front side windows with a tint level that matches the rear windows? Also, does the tint film scratch easily?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,569 Posts
10 days since delivery and we are loving our Passport Elite
Is yours lifted or do you have 18” wheels?
It looks different around the wheel well.

Awesome color!

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
I’ve never had front side windows tinted before, and am considering it. Is it much harder to see out the front side windows with a tint level that matches the rear windows? Also, does the tint film scratch easily?
I’ve had this darkness in tint since my CRX and never had issues seeing out them or scratching really, go to a reputable place and ceramic is best for lessening the heat and sun inside.
Last summer I was driving on PCH with my windows about 1/2 way down, and picked up something on the road that ended up being a carpet tack strip. It ricocheted on two windows and gashed the tint really bad. The tint shop replaced them for free for me. Other than that, no issues.

My front window is also tinted with a very light blue UV ceramic tint. I did this also on my CRV, it saves my pink face and hands from getting sunburned. ?

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
Registered
372 Posts
I always get my front door windows tinted. It does keep the car cooler, eliminates glare and looks great.
I have never had a problem with scratching, but you must remember it could scratch since it is a plastic film. Never use a glass cleaner containing ammonia.
If you get the tint too dark it is hard to see out at night. They tinted my last Honda too dark and I had trouble seeing through it at night, so I had it removed and replaced with 35% tint which works great.

Reactions: Kadoka59

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi ProdGirl,
Sorry for not answering sooner. Those are the optional 20” Honda Wheels on 20” Continental’s. When you purchase them they give you the black wheels too. As far as lift, It has enough height for me so I won’t be lifting it.Thank you for asking your Passport is beautiful.?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in Houston just about every Honda dealer installs tint on the front windows so they can attempt to charge you $499 for the service. Our local dealer uses SolarGard which includes a limited lifetime warranty. It isn't as dark as the back windows, but I have thought seeing out at night in my wife's Odyssey is a little harder than it should be. I haven't been able to drive my Passport enough at night yet to see.

·
Registered
'20 Passport EX-L AWD (Modern Steel/Black)
19 Posts
Just realized I never posted mine in here from when I got it March...
Pics 1 & 2 are when I got home from the dealer and was customizing my settings in the car
Pic 3 was after getting it tinted 5% all around

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Looks great, What other accessories are you planing on?

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Just picked it up on 8/7/20. Overlooking the SunShine Skyway and Tampabay.
Congratulations!
And awesome color choice!
Is yours a 2019 or 2020?

Great backdrop too.
This is about as close as we can get in SoCal to parking on the beach. 🏖🤣

Reactions: GeoBella

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you jmhumr,
The reason I purchased the 20 inch optional wheels is because when I went to purchase my Passport, a 2019 Black Elite was in the showroom with the black wheels and when looking at them two wheels were chipped when I asked the salesman about the chipped wheels on a new car he said” We will touch them up before delivery”. If they chip in the showroom, the way I drive they would be ruined in no time. So although they cost over $2000.00, I went with them and so far no chips or scrapes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have pics of their Modern Steel Metallic PP with accessories on it? We are waiting for ours to come in and added the front, rear spolers, rear bumper colour match, body side mouldings and running boards

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Anyone have pics of their Modern Steel Metallic PP with accessories on it? We are waiting for ours to come in and added the front, rear spolers, rear bumper colour match, body side mouldings and running boards
There are lots of photos in this discussion.
Also, look in the what did you do to your passport today.

Are you looking for certain accessories?
You mention you added the above, but not certain if those accessories are what you want to see?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are lots of photos in this discussion.
Also, look in the what did you do to your passport today.

Are you looking for certain accessories?
You mention you added the above, but not certain if those accessories are what you want to see?
Thank you
Yes looking to see if anyone has a similar setup with their Modern Steel Metallic. We cannot wait to get it

101 - 120 of 132 Posts