Honda Passport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks WayneP, we got the Fender Hash marks in the front, the air vent wings on the rear wheel wells done yesterday with the help of my son.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks WayneP, we got the Fender Hash marks in the front, the air vent wings on the rear wheel wells done yesterday with the help of my son.
That looks very nice. Where did you get the vents?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought it from eBay for $9, waited for 2 weeks before I got it then I spray painted it black coz it only came in chrome finish

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Youthful folks dress up their autos with doodads.
Us elderly gents take (geritol tablets) to stay young.

I'm also looking for a 'suicide knob', google that one.

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Wrascal: I'm gonna look for a bumper sticker for you that says: "Sorry if I serve out of my lane, I'm distracted by my Pet Rock"

you like? lol

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Wrascal: I'm gonna look for a bumper sticker for you that says: "Sorry if I serve out of my lane, I'm distracted by my Pet Rock"

you like? lol
I'll need to first consult my Mood Ring.

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is this a suicide knob?coz i have always used one even when I was in college coz its very convenient especially when maneuvering in very tight spaces...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Is this a suicide knob?coz i have always used one even when I was in college coz its very convenient especially when maneuvering in very tight spaces...lol
That does appear to be a left handed (metric) suicide knob.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been referring to it as a steering wheel spinner as I said since I was in college which was back in the 90's...never knew they were called morbidly as Suicide knobs! Thanks a lot Wrascal coz I learned something new today...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ding, ding, ding..........Here you go fellas, you are both correct.

What is a steering wheel spinner?
”A brodie knob (alternative spelling brody knob) is a knob that attaches to the steering wheel of an automobile or other vehicle or equipment with a steering wheel. Other names for this knob include: suicide, necker, granny, knuckle buster, and wheel spinner.”

·
Registered
37 Posts
just came from shoprite and 2 college kids from Montclair State driving a 2018 mustang complimented on how the passport looked, the one driving told me he didn't expect a honda suv to look mean and cool at the same time...he just made my day lol!

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
LOL, the apartment building looks like one I lived in Lincoln Park back in the late '80s. Every spring it would flood and the water was about 2 feet deep in the parking lots and garages.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL, the apartment building looks like one I lived in Lincoln Park back in the late '80s. Every spring it would flood and the water was about 2 feet deep in the parking lots and garages.
You are exactly right, this is in Lincoln Park...lol

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
You are exactly right, this is in Lincoln Park...lol
Well it's a small world after all! You have got to be kidding!!! 209 Comly Rd Apt F-2, I left there in '90 and moved to Charlotte NC. I can remember the police using their PA to tell people in the middle of the night to move their vehicles and belongings to higher ground. The water would come up from the storm drains and flood and just keep rising. I remember a little convenience store that had a water line painted on the side of the building showing how deep the water was when a dam got accidentally opened much earlier on before I lived there. It was something like 7 feet. :oops:

81 - 100 of 132 Posts