Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many threads about PP issues, that I wanted to make a thread that includes ONLY things you love about your Passport, not things you could love - if they changed something, not things you loved on your last car that is missing from the PP, not things you kinda-like. I'll make a seperate Hate/Kinda-Like Thread for people to list their gripes. I'm talking LOVE here, and I'll start:

(1) I love The Stereo, especially since I upgraded my speakers (For more info see my thread in the Audio Forum).
(2) I love the AWD, never had this feature before and love the AWD power-disbursement display in the dash.
(3) I love the push-button transmission, if it had a Lever, you would have to move the Lever to "Park" before turning it off!
(4) I love the Auto-door lock, I can just walk away knowing my PP is locked and NEVER have to go check!
(5) I love the Storage areas under the rear deck lid.
(6) I love that the rear seats fold down perfectly flat (The RAV4 & Highlander don't do that).
(7) I love the large rear cargo area, with the seats folded down, I can sleep back there!
(8) I love the super dark tinted rear and rear-sides windows, I had to tint my last three cars, and the film is more delicate than glass!
(9) I love the large center console storage area, plenty of room inside and a nice flat top to set things on.
(10) I love the LED Headlights, not many cars have them, they are much more high-tech than the old round ones.
(11) I love the key-less entry and start, the fob does not leave my pocket until I get home, no fumbling to press buttons in the rain.
(12) I love the roominess of the interior, coming from two BMW 3-series's it is awesome to be able to spread-out and have some elbow-room.

Who's next with some LOVE?

·
Registered
85 Posts
  1. Lots of cargo space for the dog!
    1. Hidden cargo space too!
  2. Lots of space for human cargo!
  3. Very Quiet.
  4. AutoStop cuts down on idle pollution helping the masses with respiratory issues.
  5. Reasonably Priced!
  6. Pretty good tech for the price!

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Speaking for both my puppy (and myself), he really needed the additional space this PP provides him over my previous 16 CRV.
Now he can sit fully erect - plus these rear windows go all the way down, affording him a greater 'googling' experience.

My greatest appreciation however is for the many modern safety features that work quite well for me; the rear cross traffic has been very helpful in my tight Walmart parking lot. Obviously many of you have contrary experiences.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am an audiophile and have a very nice home system.

I gotta say, the PP's audio is perfectly fine. If I want to make improvements, it will be to first reduce cabin noise...but this thing is already quiet!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like that the PP doesn't look like a minivan (Highlander), the spacious view from the front seats, and the quiet cabin.
I have an audio dB meter.
Audio Sound Meter
When I put new tires on my Acura MDX I went to a freshly paved road and got 69 dB 2" from the driver side window & 64 dB over the console.
My Touring measured, with its new tires, on the same road measured 62.5 dB & 54 dB at the same places.
My MDX has aftermarket sound dampening and insulated inner wheel liner coating.
Rammat sound dampening

·
Registered
312 Posts
I love the v6 motor, the acceleration, the sound, and the smoothness of it. Have always loved Honda’s v6 motors but mated to this 9 speed, it’s crazy how much pull it has in the PP.

Love the gas mileage as I average 22-24 in mixed driving. I had a 4 cylinder GMC Terrain that averaged 22 on the same routes.

The cargo carrying ability is awesome. Can even sleep back there comfortably.

I really like the openness up front. Just feels spacious and spots to put anything I need to reach.

I quite enjoy the presence it has on the road as well. High up like the full size trucks and people don’t seem to cut me off or pull out in front of me as much as in prior vehicles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Overall, I love my Passport! The top reasons are:
1) The V6 power and 9 speed transmission combination is great. Plenty of power (hi and low end) and a responsive transmission along with the AWD system make this a pleasure to drive.
2) The roominess and the space from the front seat, rear seats to the cargo area. Comfortable to drive and plenty of room for the dog and hauling stuff in the back.
3) The safety features in general and specifically the back up camera with cross traffic alert and the blind spot warning system. They have already saved me from several potential accidents.
4) The inside cabin is super quiet to me and the sound system is sweet.
5) Like others, the center console is awesome!

IMG_3183.JPG

·
Registered
493 Posts
All of the above plus:
• Smooth ride..especially for 20"s
• Ability to slide rear seats forward for even more cargo space.
• The way the trailer hitch fits seamlessly into the bumper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
  • I love the looks of the car. I loved my 17 Ridgeline...just needed the rear cargo area more than a bed.
    • I was just not that excited for the looks of the Pilot...but the PP fit the bill
  • I love the v6.
    • I test drove a Ford Flex...and the power didn't feel the same...didn't care for it
    • I test drove a 2020 Ford Explorer (which look AWESOME, btw) However even though it claims to have more HP and Torque...I gotta say I think the PP feels more powerful. I just don't like the Turbo 4 cyl engines, I guess.
  • I love the Honda Sensing. It's my first car with that stuff and I love it.
  • I love the Black 20" wheels. (Sport)
  • I love the DRLs, they look really sharp
  • I love the Headlights and Fog lights...while I don't have LED mains...I think they work really well IMHO
  • I love the smooth ride
  • I love the AWD display...that's really cool. I hope it's accurate, so I'm just going to believe that it is. I was kind of under the impression that (since I baby my vehicles and drive like a grandpa) that my Ridgeline was hardly ever putting power to the rear...that apparently is not the case.
  • I love ECO mode and the ability to turn it off when I need to very quickly. (you can make fun of me if you'd like)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Handling and the less minivannish styling are still my favorite things about this vehicle. I hope they continue to improve upon it. If they made an Acura version, I’d give that serious consideration as well...I was in the market for a new MDX when the PP came along.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I may be in the minority camp here with this statement but I like the Garmin. Yes I could use the android with Google maps, but I like the Garmin. (And i like the features already listed.)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I like the Garmin based nav system too! Very intuitive and easy to use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts