Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you can list things that you hate, dislike or kinda like. Things that Honda could improve or get rid of all together. I'll go first:

(1) Hate the Auto Engine Off,
(2) Dislike the small sunroof - should have been bigger.
(3) Dislike the 20" Rims and low profile tires,.

I'll add more as they come to mind...

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
306 Posts
I hate the Honda Sensing in the Passport. Especially being it works flawlessly in my wife's 2018 CRV.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dislike how slow the adaptive cruise control works. Has been a big adjustment compared to the last 2 vehicles I had with this feature. I don't like the armrests. I don't like how the auto high beams work. Seems completely random to me.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
(1) Hate the Auto Engine Off,
(2) Dislike the small sunroof - should have been bigger.
(3) Dislike the 20" Rims and low profile tires

We may be near polar opposites; as my auto shut-off is unobtrusive I appreciate its fuel (and pollution) savings.

Since I gave up smoking (like 40 years ago?) I don't want a sun-roof. Too bright, too hot, too noisy at speed - and as the years go by they tend to leak. So eliminate it.

As my travels are generally on curb-free dry country roads I appreciate the greater stickiness of wide tires (but I would swap them out for something longer lasting and more economical).

I hate payments.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really dislike that the blind spot indicators aren't on the outside mirrors where they belong.

·
Registered
85 Posts
  1. Honda Sensing is terrible.
  2. No keyless unlock with the back passenger doors.
  3. Keyless beeps don't make sense sometimes.
  4. Liftgate beep is too loud!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really dislike that the blind spot indicators aren't on the outside mirrors where they belong.
That's definitely a matter of personal preference. I had a Telluride and they were on the mirror. I prefer it where it is on the Passport, actually.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's definitely a matter of personal preference. I had a Telluride and they were on the mirror. I prefer it where it is on the Passport, actually.
Can you tell us why you prefer them where Honda has placed them on the PP?

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Initially I too thought it was wrong but have come to prefer them like this (easier to spot in the daylight brightness).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Pretty much what @Wrascal just said. Easier to see (for me, anyway)
I accept what you're saying but it would seem to me that it would be easier to see if light was built into the mirror that you're looking at instead of it being in a different location away from the mirror. :unsure:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like:
-the comfort of the ride- like riding on a magic carpet
-the number of electronic seat adjustments (in Touring) driver side- I love being able to ride high in the seat too.
-good gas mile for this size vehicle- avg. 24.5 and get 28 on road trips.
-Infotainment system- believe it or not, mine works great. Really like the use of the flash drive for the USB and ease of getting around all the apps (I think I'm in the minority here)
-Auto Stop- I don't do much to help the environment but maybe this helps the CO2 footprint a little
-Speaker system- good enough for me but I'm no audiofile; love the bass in the sub-woofer
-easy to wrap hand around the bottom of steering wheel- you don't miss this till you don't have it...
-lights are great...especially the fog lights..when driving on really dark roads.
-ease/smoothness of shifting gears and love Sport mode.
-ease of checking maintenance items.

Don't like:
- sometimes the steering wheel vibrates when I get to close to a line and sometimes it doesn't...not real consistent.
-what I read here about the Passport transmission not "receiving" the transmission cooler very well- causing really loud noise when shifting- is it 8 to 9?. Is this true for all 2019 Touring/Elite Passports?
-what I read about the 9-speed transmission...I hope problems are in the rare minority
-paddles are to easy to inadvertently press when turning steering wheel- especially left paddle for me. Creates needless downshifting sometimes

·
Registered
535 Posts
I like:
-the number of electronic seat adjustments (in Touring) driver side- I love being able to ride high in the seat too.
-good gas mile for this size vehicle- avg. 24.5 and get 28 on road trips.
-Infotainment system- believe it or not, mine works great. Really like the use of the flash drive for the USB and ease of getting around all the apps (I think I'm in the minority here)
-Auto Stop- I don't do much to help the environment but maybe this helps the CO2 footprint a little
-Speaker system- good enough for me but I'm no audiofile; love the bass in the sub-woofer
-easy to wrap hand around the bottom of steering wheel- you don't miss this till you don't have it...
-lights are great...especially the fog lights..when driving on really dark roads.
-ease/smoothness of shifting gears and love Sport mode.
-ease of checking maintenance items.

Don't like:
- sometimes the steering wheel vibrates when I get to close to a line and sometimes it doesn't...not real consistent.
-what I read here about the Passport transmission not "receiving" the transmission cooler very well- causing really loud noise when shifting- is it 8 to 9?. Is this true for all 2019 Touring/Elite Passports?
-what I read about the 9-speed transmission...I hope problems are in the rare minority
-paddles are to easy to inadvertently press when turning steering wheel- especially left paddle for me. Creates needless downshifting sometimes
I have to agree with most of your "LIKE" comments. I also have no problems with the infotainment system. I uploaded most of my songs on the flash drive (several hundred) to "My Honda Music", keeping the USB port open for other needs like charging. Speaker system: I'm not one of those audiohiles that needs a multi thousand dollar system with e few hundred watts of power, but I do appreciate good sound and for a stock factory sytem it sounds very good to me. The LED headlights are the best I've ever seen. Great night time vision. I always turn off the Auto Stop when I start the vehicle as I don't care for it shutting off at stop lights.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts

As I've never rode a magic carpet I guess I'll have to take your word on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you tell us why you prefer them where Honda has placed them on the PP?
I too prefer them where Honda located them. Definitely easier to see (for me) both day and night. I have always found them hard to see and redundant on the outside mirrors because by the time my eyes hit the mirrors, I'm scanning for traffic and barely notice the warning lights. As I scan the mirrors the light catches my eyes first and its visible day and night. And the light is also visible in my periphery located where it is inside. Only ever see the mirror mounted lights when I'm looking in the mirror.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Like the outward visibility, reasonable road feel and weight of the steering (not numb and over assisted), sound system (not audiophile level but sound is clear, good crossover points, reasonable sound stage, acceptable volume), and some of the upscale features in the touring (automatic climate control, memory function, remote start, hands free rear liftgate). Not impressed with seats (bolsters are inadequate and I feel like I slide around no matter how I adjust them), "sport" mode shifter (sluggish shifts, randomly changes gears on its own), front proximity sensors, and the crazy neutral switch function. All but useless at any carwash that requires valet to load the vehicle on the tracks as they don't get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's better seen in your peripheral vision, give it time to grow on you.
Agreed with this point. For me, I like to see if the light is on in my peripheral vision first, then if it's not on I'll actually turn my head enough to check the mirror to change lanes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No complain so far and love everything about it. But I wish stock tires would live rim protection tho lol I don’t have any curb rash and wish not to get them but it will happen eventually.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts