Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this won't help any current owners, but today, I asked Truecar dot com, Edmunds dot com, and autoguide dot com to find me a 2020 Touring AWD in any color.
I have received several offers, from my 7 local Honda dealers. $3863 off MSRP to $4,054 off MSRP.
Most of the offers specify that they expire on October 22nd

The above 2020 info is very similar last year's, when I bought my 2019 PP Touring AWD.

After labor Day 2019 (I requested pricing) the prices were only good until late October.
I waited 6 weeks, until the last week of Oct 2019 and submitted a new request and the discounts had almost doubled, to $5,777
I expect the current 2020 discounts to double in the next 10 days, because of poor Passport sales numbers this year 2019 & 2020 Passport sales figures especially, when compared to the Pilot sales numbers Pilot sales numbers

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
17 Posts
I know that this won't help any current owners, but today, I asked Truecar dot com, Edmunds dot com, and autoguide dot com to find me a 2020 Touring AWD in any color.
I have received several offers, from my 7 local Honda dealers. $3863 off MSRP to $4,054 off MSRP.
Most of the offers specify that they expire on October 22nd

The above 2020 info is very similar last year's, when I bought my 2019 PP Touring AWD.

After labor Day 2019 (I requested pricing) the prices were only good until late October.
I waited 6 weeks, until the last week of Oct 2019 and submitted a new request and the discounts had almost doubled, to $5,777
I expect the current 2020 discounts to double in the next 10 days, because of poor Passport sales numbers this year 2019 & 2020 Passport sales figures especially, when compared to the Pilot sales numbers Pilot sales numbers
I considered waiting a few more weeks to buy my '20 PPE, as I had intentionally waited beyond the summer months into Sept for that reason. However, I didn't want to press my luck too much and chance being faced with taking what's left or having to buy a '21 model to get the PP that I wanted. Overall, I'm happy with my deal/purchase.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bought mine last year end of october
honda had 2k incentive and dealer
was willing to deal
November had the same encentive
they will likely be hungry this Year

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since my earlier post this morning, a saleswoman sent me this...I also have a 2021 silver Touring available as well. That one I can discount $3,000. No current incentives from Honda on that one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's my take. Interesting that you don't mention Covid in your reasoning and IMO it changed everything meaning history won't repeat itself. . Around here, you can't find a Touring, small but doable supply of Elites. Heck I had to wait 2 weeks for a 2020 to arrive and now the 2021's are starting to fill up the lots but unlikely that they will get large discounts. So, IMO there will be few steals for those waiting for a 2020. I could be wrong but overall I think the supply of 2020's is too thin.

Last year you could get a top trim Ridgeline RTL-E in the high 36's to low 37's. You could get a Sport model for mid 26's. Then Covid came along and I kept on getting emails from the dealer and Carfax to trade in my 2017 Ridgeline RTS which is a discontinued trim for 2018 that's 1 trim level lower than the Sport. I got anywhere from 23.8 to 24.8 for it. Can't say for sure because the dealers play games with how they apply the loyalty rebate. They can reduce the new vehicle purchase price with it or increase the trade in price. Either way, a 4 year old ridgeline going for 23-25k is only 2-3k differennct than what a brand new 2019 was going for 10-11 months ago. Honda had some awesome incentives in the last quarter of 2019 and it felt like it was 2008 again when I paid 20,600 for an Odyssey LX. I had paid about 2k more for a 2004 Odyssey. Hope it works out for you in your region.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at the last link below for the Ford F-Series Sales numbers and be ready to be shocked, because this is what all manufacturers are competing against.

Granted, September's Passport year to year improved, but not by much: Passport Sales link vs Pilot Sales link vs Highlander Sales link
Next, there are 7 Honda dealers in my area. Today, when I visit each of their web sites I see many more Passports (stock id numbers) in their inventory, than I see offered from Truecar, Edmunds, and Autoguide.
Finally, here is my sequence, when buying a car: LINK

Today, I looked up the 2017 Ridgeline RTS and its trade-in value is $24,800 and its original MSRP shows $33,315.

The Odyssey Odyssey Sales link vs Sienna Sales link
The Ridgeline Ridgeline Sales link vs F-Series Ford F-Series Sales link

·
Registered
48 Posts
As far as the stock numbers, dealers are play games. I've had my PP since 9/30 and it still shows in inventory. They say they have 19 2020's but when I check the Honda website it shows like 6. That's why I got stuck waiting they had 0 2020 EXL's but their website said they had 15. Granted they all came in when they said they would but if I had verified the inventory on the lot I would never have gone in. Still, if there is no 2020 inventory I don't see how there will be a deal.

Source on the RTS trade in?

What's your Region? I have about 5 dealers within 20 miles. (Saratoga NY).

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackBook source.
Gateway Honda Dealers and Serra Honda of O'Fallon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts