Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to find out what other PP owners think about Wheels you may be considering?
YOU CAN POST THEM HERE

Here is one that I like, it is 18 x 8, with 45mm Offset, it should stick out less than 1/2 inch over the stock wheels. Price wise at $189 per wheel, it is quite a bit less than the $200-$300 each wheels form brands like KMC and Black Rhino...!

Any thoughts on these wheels are more than welcome...

·
Registered
115 Posts
With that much positive offset, I wouldn’t think they would stick out any farther than stock......not noticeable anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With that much positive offset, I wouldn’t think they would stick out any farther than stock......not noticeable anyhow.
Well if I recall correctly, the factory wheels have an 55mm offset, so the difference would be only 10mm. And if 0.5" = 12.7mm, it would be around 3/8", which should not be very noticeable..!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since most tire experts agree that taller sidewalls have a smoother/quieter ride, let us know if you can tell a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how much quieter, smoother you feel the taller sidewall tires are.
I will! But I am only in the pre-pre-pre-planning stages, I may not upgrade for another 1-2 years.

I'm learning towards the Nitto Grappler2 266/60R18, however I do not want to have to do a lift kit, so I'll need to confirm there is no rubbing with that combination..

Cheers!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would think if you have at 1/2” plus clearance with the stock tires at full wheel lock both ways (left/right), a 1” taller tire would clear as well. Those wheels look great, should be easy to clean.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those Sport wheels look nice, but you need to be aware of a few things. I bought a winter tire package a few years ago from Tire Rack that included Sport wheels. I installed them with a torque wrench yet the lug nuts kept coming loose. Turned out the contact point where the lug nuts met the wheel were different, meaning one surface is more rounded than the other. Tire rack agreed and had to send me new lug nuts compatible with the Sport wheels. Also, I thankfully noticed that the OE lug wrench did not fit into the openings of the Sport wheels. So I had to carry a regular socket set with me at all times. Eventually I bent a Sport wheel on a pothole and could not get a replacement since the style I bought was obsolete.

Although more expensive, I went with these wheels and Michelin Defender LTX tires:

Nice ride and no wheel damage when my teen drivers rub on curbs.

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul brought up some great points about the Sport Terrain brand rims that Tire Rack sells, I contacted Tire Rack and confirmed it is their own "in-house" line. I don't feel comfortable buying Wheels designed by a "Tire Warehouse Retailer". And if they decide to discontinue them and I need another one, I'd be faded with having to buy four new wheels, so they OUT as far as I'm concerned.

Black Rhino is an Off-Road/Truck Wheel manufacturer that is located locally (in Southern California) and even though they are more expensive, they look like a much better Wheel company. The Wheel I am liking is their 18" x 8" WARLORD (cool name huh?) Wheel (see link below).

However, I sent them an email asking if they can tint (paint/powder coat) the wheel RED like other Wheels in their line, (see link below).

Then I also plan to have my Roof Rails tinted (painted /powder coated) in the same RED.

I have the Modern Steel and everything is dark gray or black, so having RED wheels and Roof Rails should really add some "pop" and "wow" factor, to an otherwise subdued (even boring) appearance!

I am also planning to buy a 5th Wheel, also in RED to take when I go on long trips and keep as a back-up for my other four.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts