Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question ....... can the CMBS system be disabled permanently? After the dealer re-aimed the front sensor the CMBS system is now activating 50% of the time when an oncoming car is approaching "in their lane" on two way roads. I'm getting sick of this useless feature and want to turn it off permanently and not just every time I start the car. Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Question ....... can the CMBS system be disabled permanently? After the dealer re-aimed the front sensor the CMBS system is now activating 50% of the time when an oncoming car is approaching "in their lane" on two way roads. I'm getting sick of this useless feature and want to turn it off permanently and not just every time I start the car. Thanks
I have been told it is the same system 2019 - 2021 and it cannot be permanently disabled. Best you can do is lower the sensitivity in driving settings in the nav system menus, or go back to the dealer and have them adjust it again. Even supposedly properly calibrated, it is too sensitive at the wrong times. Needs to be much better in future model iterations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been told it is the same system 2019 - 2021 and it cannot be permanently disabled. Best you can do is lower the sensitivity in driving settings in the nav system menus, or go back to the dealer and have them adjust it again. Even supposedly properly calibrated, it is too sensitive at the wrong times. Needs to be much better in future model iterations.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with how that whole system works but I would think there could be a software "tweek" to address this issue.

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
232 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with how that whole system works but I would think there could be a software "tweek" to address this issue.
FWIW this is among my biggest disappointments with the PP especially coming from Subaru where their Eyesight safety system works seamlessly and predictably. I personally feel like Honda will need to come out with a new, advanced Honda sensing system to correct the shortcomings of the current system. I know they're working on it but I don't know how soon it will be available.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
515 Posts
I believe the reason why there is not an aftermarket device because of the liability. I turn off the traction control and CMBS everytime I drive my PP. If someone developed a device that was plug and play like the Iddlerstop, I would buy ASAP.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Unfortunately all systems have finite firmware upgrade budgets. They will only fix this if forced. Sensors and hardware often have limitations that cannot be fixed with programming, or it is very expensive in hours to figure out a way to do on badly designed hardware. I think the placement of the sensors and their calibration ability, as well as their use with camera data, is limited and produces over reactions. I am sure they may have tried early in the design to make it better, but unless this gets expensive in form of lawsuits or lost sales, I doubt they will fix the 2019-2022 Passport CMBS.

For my own driving, I used to disable CMBS every drive as it would flash for signs, bushes, in any roundabout, etc. I set it to the lowest sensitivity and it is somewhat better but still false alarms in the city or winding roads. So, now I often turn of in the city, but leave it on the highway or straight parkways where it has the most potential for saving a crash anyway. If it ever fully triggers, be prepared for some frightening braking. Mine false triggered one time going 35 MPH for a car that was in a turn lane (sensing thought it was ahead) and it braked checked hard. I was very upset and turned it to the lowest setting and started not using it in the city after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts