Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There’s a higher flow rate, a lifetime serviceable dry filter that’s easy to clean, no intake of hot engine air, a slight increase in MPG at least in NY and an improved sound with an OEM level of fit and finish.

If that’s not enough for you, then don’t buy it, there’s plenty of other mods that might suit you better.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This might actually help you pick up a few tenths there Fuelly. Zoom on over and get yourself one!
I'm a pessimist, a skeptic; in my opinion if there was an actual (consistant / measurable) MPG improvement of several tenths then I believe ALL manufactures would be using a similar system; but even if it is true I would need to purchase alot of gas to pay for this $300 item (especially now that gas is at $1.65 /gal. - better yet is my diesel is now at $2.19).

My fuelly MPG have slowly been trending downward - but I blame it on two factors:
1. Several months ago I installed a full-time roof top cargo box, and
2. I'm no longer driving over open roadways (it's now mostly in town miles, w/ stoplights).

So even though I have my doubts if it puts a smile on your face then go for it. Incidentally, I prefer a quieter ride, not the howler you've introduced.
Lastly I suggest you retain/ provide the original parts come trade in time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So you’re trying to optimize MPG and have a quiet ride but you installed a cargo box? Why not just remove it for the 99% of the time you’re not utilizing it?

Not that it matters since you’d never buy this mod, but it’s not a howler. It’s absolutely stock sounding until you’ve got the peddle down and the cam switches. Then it sounds amazing. Honda engines, especially the V6’s, have a truly great sound in the upper rev ranges.

Always go back to stock parts for the next owner, agreed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There’s a higher flow rate, a lifetime serviceable dry filter that’s easy to clean, no intake of hot engine air, a slight increase in MPG at least in NY and an improved sound with an OEM level of fit and finish.

If that’s not enough for you, then don’t buy it, there’s plenty of other mods that might suit you better.
Just for information, whats the flow rate on this vs oem in cfm? Typically the throttle body where the restriction is.
OEM intake is cold air also.

Not being difficult, just curious

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
Just curious, what does a second filter cost?

Having spend a lifetime cleaning replaceable filters we always kept a second cleaned filter on hand for every piece of machinery we owned. A properly cleaned reusable filter is down for several hours to properly dry so I would want a second filter.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts