Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
One of the best designed modifications I've installed in a while. This intake easily mounts up to all of the OEM connections and has no intake whistle sound. Nice job Takeda!

View attachment 5461 View attachment 5462 View attachment 5463

Sorry, but I've gotta claim ignorance here, could you please tell me (us) about this modification? Things like:

How much it costs?
What it does? (more HP?) (Different/more engine noise?)
Did you install it yourself? (How long?) (How Hard?)
How does it effect your MPG?

Anything else(?)

BIG THANKS!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem at all!

Cost: $325-$500 depending on site (I paid $325 a few months ago)

Performance: There’s a hp and air flow claim, but it’s nothing anyone would ever notice. What it does do is it provides a great intake sound in the upper revs and is stock sounding when driving normally. It also looks amazing IMO and the fit and finish is as good as OEM if not better.

Install: Did this myself with ease, took under 20 minutes from start to finish. Super simple install for sure. In regards to MPG, I can’t be certain but I do believe I picked up a few tenths.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is an upper and lower limit on these. Not only that mileage will increase a bit. It’s not a reason to ungainfully mention Tucson as the drier air there most likely would help accentuate the tone emitted by this when getting on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It sounds great IMO and can be categorized with the removal of a resonator from an exhaust. Sometimes the sound a vehicle makes can heighten the experience of driving. For me, this made my daily driving in the Passport more enjoyable without any downsides. I would buy this again for what it’s worth but I understand those that seek value elsewhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
^ I agree ironchef19. Nice addition to your Passport.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, it uses the same factory airbox connections, both the baffle and the forced air inlet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good to know.....was not aware the OE factory air filter box exposed the filter element.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even a stock intake has to draw air from somewhere. Honda did a great job funneling air from outside the engine bay.

·
Registered
114 Posts
With regard to the middle pic....does the OE factory air box have that opening that allows the filter element to be visible?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O
With regard to the middle pic....does the OE factory air box have that opening that allows the filter element to be visible?
Ah, you meant that opening all along, forgot about that. The factory one does not. However, the intake comes with a form fitting rubber plug that can seal that off or leave it open if you like. I intend to leave it off during the cooler months and plug it for summer or when I clean the engine bay.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let’s don’t turn this thread south like so many other threads have been. I’m pretty sure the factory cai has been around for 20+ years.......and the aftermarket does the mods.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts